Chapter 3- At Least You Got Out With A Few Cuts.

(5 hours later, 12:45pm.)

"You got up at seven? It's the weekend." Jade speaks from next to me, resting her shoulder on my head before releasing a yawn.

"I don't sleep at every opportunity like you do." I respond, changing the channel on the TV.

"That doesn't mean you have to wake up so early." She replies, covering herself with a blanket.

"Oh, yeah. Before I forget." I say, checking the time on my phone. "Gwen's coming over somewhere between 1-2pm." I inform Jade.

"She is? What time is it now?" Jade questions, her voice filled with shock at first.

"It's 12:30pm now." I tell her. "She told me she wasn't doing anything for the weekend, so I invited her over." I explain, loading up Netflix on the TV.

"Does she know the address?" Jade asks.

"Yeah, I messaged her the address an hour ago." I answer, putting on John Wick.

"You have her number?" Jade asks, her head shooting off my shoulder as she looks at me.

"She gave me hers after I invited her." I inform her.

"Holy shit, Kai!" She says, a huge smile growing on her face.

"You're making it out to be like I just won a Nobel prize." I respond, laughing at her reaction.

"This is a huge deal." She responds. "This is one of the only times you've managed to get a girl's number."

"I've managed to get numbers from girls." I tell her, putting my hand over my heart acting hurt.

"Not including me?" She replies.

"That's just a cold shot." I say. "If you're so confident, why don't you tell me how many numbers from boys." I remark, grabbing her phone from her desk.

"We both know how this is gonna end, I've dated quite a few people. Plus, I got Scott's number on the second day of us being at school. It took you three days to get Gwen's." Jade replies, taking her phone from my hand and placing it next to her.

"All of which haven't been great people and were extremely egotistical after you started dating them." I remind her, looking back at the TV.

"I am a trophy." She says, resting her head back on my shoulder. "Kai, I'm begging you not to fumble Gwen." She says, trying to contain a laugh.

"I'm not gonna fumble because 1. I don't know her enough yet and 2. As of now, I haven't caught feelings for her." I respond, shaking my head slightly.

"I never understood how you don't have a crush on anyone." Jade speaks, her voice filled with surprise.

"Every one of the girls at our last school were all annoying and thought they were above everyone, so I lost interest in crushing on someone's looks." I reply.

"Remember how the group of like seven girls wanted to talk to you because you kept ignoring them?" Jade asks, laughing at the end.

"Oh, they got pissed. I remember. You think I'm gonna forget a memory like that?" I ask her, laughing at the thought.

My phone dings from the armrest. "You should probably check that, it might be Gwen." Jade states, nudging me slightly.

"Do you ship us or something?" I ask, grabbing my phone and turning it face up.

"What if I just wanna know if she's on her way? I still have to meet her. Not everything's about you, Kai." She jokes.

"If you want me to not fumble Gwen, you probably shouldn't rest your head on my shoulder when she's here." I respond, turning my phone on and looking at the notification.