Chapter 5- I Am Not Boring.

(8:30pm, Kai's Pov.)

"I'm home Kai!" Jade shouts from the front door.

Making my way downstairs, I release a huff. "Hey." I greet, running my right hand through my wet hair.

"Did you just shower?" She questions me, placing her work bag on the dining table before taking her shoes off.

"Like fifteen minutes ago." I reply, walking over to the couch.

"Bro, you couldn't have showered an hour ago?" She huffs, placing her shoes in the cupboard.

"I just got back from a walk." I shrug, sitting down.

"Well, while I wait for the hot water to refill. How was your day?" She questions, walking over to me.

"It was good." I answer.

"What'd you do?" She asks.

"Watched a couple of movies." I respond.

"That's it?" She asks, raising an eyebrow at me. "Did Gwen come over?"

"Yeah, she came over like thirty minutes after you left." I inform her.

"How was it?" She asks, a sly smile growing on her face.

"Uh, it was good. We talked, I brought her to Franco's Kebabs, went for a walk, came back and watched a couple of movies." I tell her, grabbing the TV remote and switching channels.

"Franco's?" She asks.

"Yeah." I reply, looking at her.

"Kai, if you gave her the list of what's in your kebab, I'm gonna kill you." She says, her tone playful.

"You're just jealous because you want it." I laugh.

"You won't give it to me or Tess. You won't even give it to your own Mum." She responds.

"You have your own kebab." I remind her, placing the TV remote next to me.

"Yeah, but it's not as good." She huffs.

"Well, you're never getting it." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"Did Gwen get it?" She asks.

"I shall neither confirm nor deny that." I reply.

"Anyway, did you have fun?" She asks me, grabbing her hair and putting it into a bun.

"Yeah." I answer, my eyes landing on my phone that rested on the coffee table. I hadn't picked it up since I put it down which was a few minutes before Gwen left.

"When did she go home?" Jade asks, sitting on the couch.

"She left at 7:30pm." I inform her, dragging my eyes away from my phone.

"You two hung out for quite a while." Jade teases, a smirk growing on her face.

"Go take a shower already." I chuckle, nudging her shoulder.

"Fine, I'll leave you alone." She replies, standing up and walking to the staircase. "I'm glad that you two had fun." She says, walking up the stairs.

Looking back at my phone, I reach for it, pick it up and turn it towards me. Staring at the black screen, I move my thumb over to the power button.
Clicking the button, I'm met with a notification from Gwen. Tapping on it, I unlock my phone and get brought to our messages.

Gwen:
Hey, thanks for today. It was nice hanging out.
Sent 30 minutes ago.

Releasing a breath, I didn't know I was holding. I begin typing.