Chapter 19- Everyone Has Exes.

(The next day, Saturday, 12pm, Kai's Pov.)

"Kai, where were you yesterday? I forgot to ask." Jade questions from the doorway.

Shutting my laptop, I spin my chair around and face her. "What do you mean?" I respond.

"You said you were going out." She says, leaning on the doorframe.

"I did, I went out to a cafe and walked around in a park." I lie, casually leaning back in my office chair.

"You didn't take me? I'm hurt." She whines.

"Had I known you wanted to go, I would've asked you." I shrug, watching her get off the doorframe.

"Also, Ashley told me to tell you that she's grabbing some kind of take-away food at 6pm, and she'll have it here at 6:15pm since she finishes work at 5:45pm." She informs me, grabbing the door handle.

"Okay, I'll be down to cook us lunch in a bit." I tell her, watching her shut the door. "Oh god." I sigh, spinning back around to my desk and opening the laptop.

The tab of Spider-Woman videos I found on YouTube resuming. I wasn't watching them because of her but instead I was watching them to take notes, I had bought a a square of sticky notes and a new notebook. Every time I saw something I thought I would need to learn, I'd write it on a sticky note and then stick it to the page of a book. If you're wondering how many pages I had written down on the new notebook I had gotten, I already filled 10 of the pages in the span of 30 minutes. But if it was something like Spider-Woman swinging through the city I would write down the Physics and the calculus of the swing.

I didn't know if I had to but it's better that I figured the math out myself before I begin training with the web-shooters Spider-Woman gave me. I had put the mask and the web-shooters she gave me under the centre of the mattress. Did I toy around with the web-shooters? Yes. Yes, I did. But in my defense how can you not? You're given what Spider-Woman swings around with. I should probably clarify that I didn't try swinging with the web-shooters.

I went out to my backyard while Jade was out this morning. My mum was out at her job at the same time, so I had from 8am to 10am of just messing around with the web-shooters. The only few things I had figured out were tapping it released a small ball of web that expanded before impacting against something and holding the button released a long line of web that kept extending the longer you held in the button.

A ding from my phone breaks me out of my thoughts. Pausing the YouTube video, I grab my phone and look at the notification spotting a message from Gwen. Unlocking my phone I bring up our chat.

Gwen:
Hey, when are you working next?

Kai:
Tomorrow from 11am to 7pm.

Gwen:
That's a long amount of time with only 1 break.

Kai:
Since it's a longer shift, I'm getting 2.

Gwen:
Really? That's great, when do you want me to come over for the 2 breaks?

Kai:
Uh, you can come over at 2pm or 3pm for the first break and whenever you want for the second break.

Gwen:
Great, you'll text me the address tomorrow?

Kai:
Yeah, I'll text it to you, I'll text you before I leave to get there.

Gwen:
Alright, can't wait.
I'll see you tomorrow.

Kai:
Goodnight Gwen.