Chapter 23- Thank You For Everything.

(8 hours later, 4:30pm.)

"Hey, Jade?" I speak, looking up from my phone.

"Yeah, Kai? What do you need?" Jade questions, exiting the kitchen with a bag of popcorn.

"What do I do about Gwen? My feelings for her keep overriding my normal thoughts." I respond, watching Jade sit next to me on the couch.

"In what way?" Jade asks, holding the popcorn bag out towards me after grabbing some from the bag.

"In the way that I want to know if she likes me but I just can't understand her tones." I inform her, taking some popcorn and beginning to eat.

"That's because your dense." Jade shrugs. "I don't mean that in an offensive way."

"That offered me no advice." I tell her, an unamused expression on my face. "What did you and Gary do when you both started liking each other?" I question.

"Oh, trust me. You don't want to do what Gary and I did." Jade says, a slight frown tugging onto her lips. "We went too fast, straight out of the gate." She informs me.

"What do you mean? You two started dating three weeks after you told me that you liked him." I respond, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"That's a lie. The day after I starting crushing on him, he told me that he liked me and I said I also liked him. We agreed to keep it hidden for a bit so we could just go at our own pace but by the time the first week ended..." Jade speaks, leaving herself on an open-ended hook.

"By the time the first week ended what?" I question, now even more confused than I was before.

Jade rubs the bridge of her nose before looking at me with a cringe expression on her face. "We took each other's virginity." Jade sighs.

"EWWWW!" I exclaim, putting my hand over my mouth as I begin gagging.

"We were the age of consent. Let me quickly put that out into the air." Jade quickly explains. "Anyway, enough about that. Kai. Gary and I rushed into our relationship, we crashed and burned within a month. You can't do what we did." Jade tells me.

"You two had a great relationship though." I respond.

"One month isn't that great of a relationship. We did everything and then we didn't know where to go from there. We were younger and stupider at that time." She states.

"Doesn't it kill you when Gary starts talking to new girls though?" I ask.

Jade looks down at her palms, her body deep in thought. "Yeah, it does. But I can't do anything about it Kai. All I can do is support him. He and I messed up and I don't think we're getting a second chance." She says, her voice riddled with devastation. At first glance if I was a complete stranger and looked at Jade right now, she looked like she was disconsolated.

"You two clearly like each other though." I respond. "I'm sure if you were to give it another chance you two would go in knowing how fast or slow to take it." I add.

Jade turns her head towards me. "You're probably right. It's just the thought of being denied that's scaring me I guess." She sighs, eating from the bag of popcorn.

Pulling her into a side hug, I rub up and down her arm in a soothing motion. "I'm sure Gary's thinking the same thing." I speak.

Jade releases a slight laugh before getting off my shoulder. "Enough about Gary and I. We were originally talking about you and Gwen." Jade replies.

"Well, I was asking you for dating advice but you told me not to do what you did." I tell her, grabbing popcorn from the bag and eating.

"Why not get advice from the others?" Jade asks with a wide smile.