Chapter 25- Late Night Conversation.

(1 day later, Wednesday, 7:30pm.)

"Hey, Kai, you going on a break?" Nick questions from the bedroom door.

"I don't think so." I sigh, beginning to put the blankets back on the clean mattress.

"Why not?" He responds with an intrigued tone.

"Not hungry." I inform him.

"Is Gwen not hanging out with you?" He asks.

"Why do you want to know?" I reply, turning my head towards him.

"Well, every time you've been working since you and Gwen have been friends, you've been spending your breaks with her." He says, shrugging his shoulders.

I hum in response, placing the final cover onto the bed and looking at him. "You've been working for three hours and finish your shift at 9pm. You have to eat something." Nick speaks.

"I'm fine, Nick, you don't have to worry about me being hungry." I chuckle to myself.

"Come on, you haven't had your break, I haven't had mine." He states. "Come on, let's go." He insists, walking towards me.

"Nick, I'm fine." I repeat, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Don't care." He replies. "We need to get you outside." He adds, offering me his hand.

Releasing a huff, I grab it. "Where do you wanna go?" I question, getting up with his help.

"Not sure, I think there's a Mexican place near here." Nick responds, walking towards the bedroom door.

"Are you driving or do you want me to?" I say, following behind him.

"I'll drive, you can be the passenger princess." He jokes, turning his head towards me, the widest smile on his face.

"Fuck you." I laugh, both of us making our way down the corridor.

"Hey, you two going on your break?" Carly asks from the couch.

"Yeah, I'm getting Kai outside for a bit." Nick nods.

"Are you already done, Carly?" I question, looking around the living room.

"Yeah. I finished the living room a while ago and the kitchen not long ago." She informs me. "I've been working since 2pm." She adds.

"Damn." I huff.

"One day this'll be you, Kai." Carly says with a playful smile.

"This already is me, what do you mean." I play along. "I just don't work earlier because of school."

"Alright, come on, Kai. Let's go have our break." Nick speaks, opening the front door.

"So needy." I joke, hearing Carly snicker to my right.

"Make fun of me all you want, at least I'm getting you on your break." Nick says, shaking his head with a smile on his face.

"As long as we all laugh at making fun of each other." I state, exiting the house and waiting for Nick to exit as well.

"Off we go." Nick speaks, shutting the door behind him.

__________________________________

(2 days later, Friday, 6pm.)

Releasing a sigh of frustration, I lightly toss the phone Spider-Woman gave me onto my bed. I had been trying to call her for the past three days to try and organise another training session with her but I've been left on voicemail every time. I even sent her a message, but she hasn't even read it. I sent her the message after I had gotten back from work on Wednesday as well.