Chapter 4- Unexpected Visit.

(Kai's Pov.)

Looking away from the movie I was watching, I read the time. "1:20pm?" I question, looking back at the TV. I hadn't been doing much, I woke up, spoke to Tess before she left for work. Waited for Jade to wake up, spoke to her for a bit before she left and just put a movie on. I was nearing the end, there was like 20 minutes left.

I had put on the first Equalizer movie. I had already seen it a few times as well as the second one but it was such a good movie, I don't think I'll ever get bored of it. Plus, Denzel Washington is a great actor.

The doorbell rings, my attention snaps towards the front door. "One second!" I shout, grabbing the remote, I pause the movie before standing up and making my way to the door.

Twisting the doorknob, I open it to be met with Gwen in a black short-sleeved shirt and shorts, a grey bag on her back. "Gwen?" I say, my face contorting into one of confusion.

"Sorry about not texting you. I was going to but completely forgot. I was gonna ask if you're still interested in hanging out?" She asks me with a nervous tone.

Moving out of the doorway, j gesture for her to enter. "It's good to see you." I state, watching her walk over to the couch.

"It's good to see you too, how are you?" She asks, sitting down on the far left side and putting the bag on the floor.

"Uh, surprised that you came." I answer, shutting the front door and locking it. "What about you?" I question, turning around to face her. Her eyes were locked onto me, a look that I couldn't read sitting on her face.

"Good." She responds, looking at the TV. "How's the movie?" She questions.

"Uh, I was just watching it to pass the time, I've seen it before." I tell her, making my way over to the couch.

"You can keep playing it if you want." She says as I sit down, grab the remote and exit the movie.

"Nah." I respond, the first channel appearing being a news station. A video of Spider-Woman fighting a guy in a rhino costume playing.

"How long ago was this?" Gwen asks, an unrecognisable tone in her voice.

"From what it says thirty minutes ago." I answer, looking at her. "What do you want to do?" I ask her.

"Uh, I haven't eaten yet so do you wanna go grab something?" She suggests, her attention on the TV.

"Sure, let me grab my shoes." I reply, standing up and walking to the shoe cupboard.

"What do you think of Spider-Woman?" Gwen asks, her voice intrigued. "I'm only asking since she saved you." She explains as I open the cupboard and grab my shoes.

"She's nice. She makes jokes to try and lighten the mood." I answer, putting my shoes on.

Gwen hums in response. "What do you wanna eat?" She questions.

Doing my laces up, I look up at her, she was standing by the dining table, watching me. "I know a pretty good kebab sandwich shop near Jade's." I tell her, standing up and walking over to the coffee table.

"Sound's like a plan." She replies.

Grabbing my wallet and the keys that Tess gave me off the table, I place them into my back pocket before walking to the front door and unlocking it. "Trust me when I say, you're gonna have your mind blown when you eat one." I say, opening the door and allowing her to exit first.

"I can't wait." She tells me, exiting the house and making her way down the steps.

Locking the door, I shut it and make my way down the bottom. Gwen waiting for me on the sidewalk. "So, you excited for another week of school?" I ask her, beginning to walk to the kebab shop.