Chapter 2- Look At The Positives.

(3:16pm, Kai's Pov.)

"Alright, what do you want to do?" Jade asks, taking the car's keys out of the ignition.

"You were the one that asked me if I wanted to come." I respond, undoing my seatbelt.

"True. Well, in that case. Let's look around some shops, get food and then we'll go home." She says, releasing her seatbelt and getting out of the car.

"That's a plan." I say, opening the car door, getting out and closing the door behind me.

"What time is it?" She asks me, locking the car.

Pulling my phone out, I check the time. "It's 3:16pm." I answer, sliding my phone back into my pocket.

"How was Maths? Did you talk to Gwen more than you did yesterday?" Jade asks, walking by my side towards the mall entrance.

"We had an actual conversation." I tell her.

"Look at you." Jade responds, a smile on her face. "You're moving up in the world." She adds on, both of us entering the mall through the sliding doors.

"It's not that big of an accomplishment." I tell her, looking at her with a playful look.

"Considering she only told you her name yesterday, a conversation is a pretty big step up." She replies, looking around at the shops.

"What about you and your classmate? I saw you laughing at something he showed you." I speak, following Jade as she walks into a clothes store.

"Scott? Yeah, he's fine, he and I have been having conversations." She replies, grabbing a shirt and holding it over my chest.

"I have enough shirts." I tell her with a huff.

"I was just checking." She responds, placing it back on the hangar. "So, did you enjoy staring at Gwen?" She asks me, a grin growing on her face.

"I wasn't staring at her." I defend myself.

"Yeah, you were." She replies, grabbing another shirt and holding it over herself, looking at me.

Nodding my head, Jade smiles at me before walking away with the shirt. "I really don't think I was." I deny.

"What were you staring at?" She asks me, walking to the counter.

"I was not staring." I huff, watching her pull out 25 dollars and hand it to the cashier.

"Mhm, you stay in denial." She says.

"Whatever you say." I sigh. The cashier puts the shirt into a bag, I reach over and grab the bag. "Thank you, have a good day." I say to the cashier.

"I'm not gonna judge you if you have a crush on her." She tells me, walking out of the store.

"I don't have a crush on her." I say, following her.

"Alright, I'll leave it alone." She says, looking at some of the stores. "You hungry?" She asks.

"Yeah, what do you want to eat?" I question, both of us taking a right.

"Asian food?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'd be down to have some of that." I respond, walking towards the food court.

The food court consisted of a glass roof that sat over an open square in the middle, seats were spread throughout the food court, shops along the edge, fast food stay on one side while other shops were on the other side. "What are you thinking of getting?" Jade asks, walking to the Asian store.

"Satay most likely, you?" I ask, pulling my wallet out of my pocket and grabbing $20.

"Probably the same as you." She answers.