Chapter 18- I Can Take You Under My Wing.

A/N: Thanks for 3.37k reads. :)

(The next day, Wednesday, 7am, Kai's Pov.)

Releasing a groan, I stretch my arms, a meow coming from my left. "Hey, bud." I greet Ezra, turning to face him. Putting my hand on his neck, I go to pet him but struggle to move my hand down his neck. "Did you shower in honey?" I question Ezra, lifting my hand up into the air only to realise that I had lifted him up as well.

My eyebrows scrunch in confusion as I put Ezra back on the bed lightly, trying to remove my hand from him. "Ezra, I'm gonna need my hand back." I chuckle. Ezra meows in response, his expression clueless as to what was going on. After thirty seconds of attempting to remove Ezra from my hand, I finally manage to. "Thank you." I sigh, getting out of bed and walking to my closet. "Can you check if Jade is awake?" I question Ezra, grabbing a random shirt.

Turning around, I watch Ezra jump off my bed and begin making his way out of my room. "Thank you." I say, putting my shirt on before trying to pull my hands off of it only to have what happened with Ezra happen with my shirt. "Did I sleep in honey?" I question, pulling as hard as I can on my shirt.

Releasing a huff, I feel my shirt restrict itself around my body slightly more than it did yesterday. "Why is it so tight?" I mutter, reaching down and taking my shirt off. Lifting it over my head, I go to throw it onto my bed only for it to stick to my left hand. Flailing my arm back and forth for 30 seconds, I finally manage to remove it from my hand and throw it onto my bed. "There we go." I mutter, grabbing one of my bigger shirts and putting it on.

"You really got Ezra to check if I was awake?" Jade's voice asks with a playful tone.

"Maybe." I respond, grabbing one of my shorts.

"You're so lazy." She laughs, shutting my bedroom door.

"Thank you!" I shout through the door, changing out of my pants into the ones I grabbed.

"Tell me when you've changed clothes." Jade replies.

"I just finished changing." I tell her, walking to the door.

"So, how was having Gwen sleep on your shoulder on the way to Oscorp and the way back home yesterday?" Jade whispers, a teasing smile on her face as she opens the door.

"She fell asleep and her head slumped onto my shoulder. She didn't put it there before she fell asleep." I say, shaking my head at her before exiting the room.

"Did you get taller?" Jade asks, her teasing expression morphing into one of confusion.

"Did I?" I reply, looking down at her.

"Yeah, you did. You weren't this tall yesterday or any other day. I was practically your height but now I'm as tall as your shoulders." Jade states, standing next to me.

"Delayed growth spurt I guess." I shrug, making my way down the stairs.

"In one night? Don't they usually happen over days or weeks or an entire year?" She replies, following me.

"Everyone has different growth spurts?" I say, reaching the bottom of the stairs.

"Hey, you two. How was Oscorp Tower?" My Mum questions.

"Well, we were cut short from our visit to Oscorp because what they were showing us got destroyed." Jade answers.

"Destroyed? By who?" Mum asks.

"No one knows." I inform her, walking to the kitchen.

"What was destroyed?" She responds as I grab everything I need for cereal.