[Prologue]

John's P.O.V

I sat in the impala in the sheriff's parking lot. My family and I were in Beacon Hills, California. Dean, Sam, and I were looking for Stiles Winchester. He was my long lost son, and their missing brother.

Stiles had been missing since the day my wife, Mary, died.

She had been dead ever since both him and my daughter, Emma, was six months old. The Demon that killed her put her on the ceiling, and sat it on fire. It then took Stiles out of the crib, out from beside his twin sister, Emma.

We've been hunting the Demon ever since it took Stiles, and killed Mary.

Emma has no idea she has a twin, and I don't wanna tell her about him. I think she's too young to know that a Demon took her twin, the same night her mother died in their nursery.

She's 15, but I don't think she'd be able to handle that.

Whenever she was a kid, she thought it was her fault that we moved around a lot. She thought that it was her fault that we were in this business. Of course, Sam comforted her and told her that it wasn't her fault. That she shouldn't be thinking like that.

Right now, Emma was back at the Hale house, while Sam and Dean were at school. I let her stay home from school, because she said she didn't feel good.

Yes, I left my daughter in a house where there's Werewolves. But these were good Werewolves, I hate to say this but..I could trust them.

My kids and I had been staying with them for the past few weeks. I had been trying to make sure that the other family of Hunters stay off of their trail.

They were the Argent's..they have..a very different method on hunting. I tried to talk to Gerard about leaving these Werewolves alone, but he wouldn't listen.

So, I've been trying to get them off of the Hale's trail ever since I saw what they did to that Omega..

Anyways, I sighed loudly and climbed out of the Impala. As soon as I slammed the car door shut, I heard the front door to the police station shut. My dark eyes shifted over to the door, I watched as the sheriff and a boy who looked around Emma's age came walking out.

The boy had a grey sweatshirt on, and a backpack over his shoulder. An annoyed look was on his face, "Oh, come on, dad!-"

"No, Stiles, I'm not sharing evidence with a 15 year old boy." The sheriff snapped. As soon as I heard him say the boy's name, my head instantly perked up. A bit of a surprised look came over me, as I looked at the two.

The boy scoffs, "You might need an extra option-"

"If I need an extra opinion I'll ask one of my colleagues." The sheriff replies, forcing a smile onto his face.

The boy stared at him for a moment, before he scoffed and rolled his eyes. He then pulled the door open on the passenger's side of the sheriff's car, and climbed inside.

"Stiles?" I murmured under my breath, tears starting to fill my eyes.

I watched as the sheriff opened up the driver seat door, and was about to climb. I quickly started to walk over towards them, "Excuse me, sir!" I exclaimed, the sheriff turned and looked at me, as I soon stood in front of him, "Can I talk to you for just a minute?"

The sheriff stared at me, before glancing over at the boy in the passenger's seat. He then turns back to me, "Yeah, but it'll have to be quick. I have to take my boy to school."

I nodded, "It'll be quick." I then motioned him to walk a couple feet away from his car, which he did. He places his hands on his hips, "So, what did you want to talk about, Mr.."

"Winchester." I quickly answered, "John Winchester."

He then furrowed his brow, "Winchester?"

I nodded.

A pained look started to come over the sheriff. He looks back to his sheriff's car, before slowly looking back at me. He takes a breath, "You're his real father, aren't you?"

A confused look quickly came over me, "How did you-"

"He showed up on mine and my wife's doorstep 15 years ago. He was barely six months old. There was a note on top of him that read his real name was Stiles Winchester, and to ask to take care of him. It gave us his birthday and everything. On the tag of his onesie it had the same name on it. My wife and I just assumed that you gave him up."

A bit of an upset look came over me, "That's not exactly how it went down." I said, shaking my head.

"Then enlighten me." The sheriff says, crossing his arms, "How did it exactly go down, Mr. Winchester?"

A nervous look came over me, as I glanced over at the sheriff's car to see Stiles's head peeking out the driver seat door. A curious look was on his face, as he tried to listen in on the conversation.

I scoffed, as a light smile came onto my face, "He looks like my wife.." I sniffled, tears beginning to fill my eyes.

I stared at him for another second, before I sniffled and looked down to my feet. I quickly wiped the tears of my eyes, "He was taken away from my family and me." I said, looking back up at him, "He was taken the night Stiles and his twin sister, Emma's, nursery burnt down. It was also the same night my wife died."

The sheriff's eyes widened a bit, "He has a twin?" He asks, a light smile coming onto his face.

I nodded, and smiled, "Yeah, her name is Emma. They're both named after my sister-in-law." I stated, shoving my hands into my jean pockets, "Emily-Stiles."

The sheriff smiled, before he slowly began to furrow his brow, "Then how did he end up at my house?"

"My boys and I believe that whatever started the house fire took him, and laid him on your doorstep." I explained, "We've been looking for him ever since."

The sheriff nodded in response, before he turned to look back at his car. He and I looked at the teenage boy in the front seat, before the sheriff turned and looked back at me. A worried look came onto his face, "Please don't take him away."

My smile slowly started to drop after he said that.

"I know he's your son, and you've probably done everything you could to find him." He says, "But he's all I have left. My wife recently passed, and Stiles is one of the only things that has helped me get through it."

"I understand that." I nodded, "But, Mary-" I stopped myself, as I felt tears start to form into my eyes. I let out a shaky breath, "My wife wouldn't want her children to be apart. He'll be protected, he has two older brothers, Sam and Dean, and a younger twin sister, Emma. He'll also have me, and I have done everything I can for my children."

The worried look never fell off of the sheriff's face, "Sir..please.." He murmurs, tears filling his eyes, "I don't know what I'll do without him. Stiles is the only thing that's been keeping me on the straight line."

I stared at him for a moment, before my eyes fell down to my feet.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Winchester." He mumbles, sniffling.

I gave a light nod, "Have you told him that you aren't his real father?"

He shakes his head, "He knows nothing."

I nodded, sniffling lightly. I looked back to the sheriff's car to look at my long lost son a few feet away from us. I scoffed quietly, "I didn't expect this to go this way." I said, letting a tear fall from my eyes.

The sheriff gives a light nod in response.

I then pulled out a receipt from my pocket, and a pin from the pocket on my shirt. I quickly began to jot my number down, "Here's my number in case you ever tell him." I mumbled, handing him the receipt.

He nodded, and looked down at my number. He takes a breath, "I'll tell him."

I nodded, "Thank you for your time, sheriff." I then turned and walked back to the impala.