Yorkville

The long trip to Yorkville was less than exciting, as not only was Dara stuck with Kim Jaejoong in the car, but also had to endure his poor taste in music. The guy's narcissism was through the roof - he literally played ALL the songs from his own albums, starting from his EP album to the latest ones released earlier this year.

That was before he stopped making music, went on hiatus, and suddenly came to Malcom.

Why did he stop making music and coming to her hometown? She has no idea.

She only caught snippets as the Malcom College students buzzed with excitement about a famous idol spotted in their small town. It turned out to be Kim Jaejoong, who would also be attending their school—an idea that immediately struck Dara as bizarre.

If you're famous and popular in the country, why would you choose to live in a small town where the construction of a movie theater is considered the most exciting event? Not to mention attending a small community college. It just doesn't make sense to her.

Frankly, she didn't care.

At first, it was intriguing when he joined the Theater Club, only to find him arrogant right away. He wasn't humble and openly enjoyed the attention he was getting at this school. It was like he was flaunting to everyone that he was the best thing that ever happened to this town, and she saw through him right away - not only arrogant but also a two-faced ass.

She noticed that when he signed autographs for his fans, he could be friendly, accommodating, and even flirtatious at times. However, once they turned away, his smile faded, replaced by a scowl, and he appeared annoyed as if their presence were bothersome to him.

She caught him in those situations many times, openly frowning at him in which he noticed her doing that at one point. Since then, it seemed like he made it a mission to annoy her every day and highlight the difference in their economic statuses. 'You're poor, I'm rich.' something like that.

Well, her comeback usually was calling him a wash-out idol many times too, obviously striking a nerve with him. It made her day when the arrogant smile on his face disappeared, revealing the stripped-off nice celebrity facade.

Maybe that's why they don't like each other very much. He pissed her off, she pissed him off.

So, it was truly shocking for her that she was even sitting in his car, and stuck with him for three hours to be his date for this big event in the capital city when they only existed to annoy each other endlessly in the small town Malcom.

'The irony is on me.' She thought, sarcastically.

If she thought she would be stuck with him forever with his annoying choice of music, those concerns vanished as they arrived in the big city of Yorkville.

She tried her best not to look too impressed, but, damn. Wow, Yorkville. Jesus Christ. It's just another new level of high.

Big and tall skyscrapers flashed before her eyes.

She had only been in Yorkville once or twice or maybe more than that in her lifetime but the memories were already fleeting. She was here when she was still a child tagging with her mother when she was still involved in theaters. But she could still remember how enormous this city looked to her little self back then but it seemed it had gotten even bigger now that she's come here older. The tall buildings are just everywhere.

The metropolitan city is a bustling urban center with a dense population, towering skyscrapers, and cool infrastructure.

The cityscape is a mix of modern architecture and historic landmarks. Based on what she sees from the windows as the car drives past the city, it has the feel of a vibrant neighborhoods.