The Halloween Part 2

It was a red full moon that night, the wind a bit chilly, supposed to be eerily exciting for Mrs. Kwon's Halloween Party at the mansion. The place was set up according to the theme, with lavish decorations including giant skeletons on the gate howling as if welcoming the guests. Red LED lights danced across the surroundings, complementing the Halloween-themed food and drinks, from deviled eggs to graveyard cake and spooky Halloween cocktails.

Everything should have been perfect, and everyone should have been having fun, except for one thing missing.

Music.

There was no music playing in the air, only the chatter from the guests could be heard. If this were Dara's party, she would have hired a band to play live music and set the guests' mood. But that was just her.

She, dressed in her white long-sleeve and black suit pants, already noticed a few guests yawning at the event.

She observed Madame talking to one of her VIP guests. The elegant all-black outfit, a flowing dress touching the tiled floor, and an exquisite mask covering her eyes made Madame look extra beautiful tonight. However, something inside her couldn't shake the expectation of a head on a silver platter the madame was hiding somewhere. Standing beside Madame was her husband, Town Mayor Yang, his hand resting comfortably on his wife's tiny waist as he chatted with guests, likely from their political circle.

She rarely interacted with the mayor in the mansion. He always seemed to be somewhere else, too. She didn't often see him around. Moreover, Madame didn't really want any servants helping her husband prepare for work; she handled all the work personally. She didn't fully understand the reason behind it, but she didn't care. Hey, it meant less work for her.

"Hey, one shot of Bloody Mary this way," a female guest dressed as Elsa from Frozen shouted at her, pulling her from her reverie.

She promptly headed towards her, delivering the drink from the tray she was circling among the guests. The woman quickly downed the shot, and she waited for the woman to put the empty glass back on her tray, ready to offer more drinks if Elsa wanted another one. However, at the corner of her eye, she noticed someone.

The woman's wings were facing her, but a strange feeling in her heart told her that the back part of her body seemed familiar. Dressed in white with wings, like Juliet from 'Romeo & Juliet.'

"Bitch, another one," Elsa demanded, diverting her attention. "The party is boring, but at least I get free booze." Elsa dismissed her after receiving her drink and returned to socializing with other guests. She didn't see the familiar back of a woman again because she got busy serving food and drinks to the guests.

With an empty tray in hand, she headed back to the party's bar counter to put more drinks on her tray, when she encountered a distraught Rose, Madame's assistant.

She raised her eyebrows at Rose, silently inquiring, 'What's up?'

Rose, dressed as a fairy, sighed loudly, placing her hands on her hips. "This is so bad! The party is boring. I can't believe the singer I hired to play is not here yet!" Rose expressed her frustration to her.

They did hire a singer. She made a half-smile, attempting to comfort Rose. "I'm sorry," she said, feeling sympathetic. She had seen how hardworking Rose had been.

"He should have been here 30 minutes ago! He's supposed to be popular in this town. That's why I hired him!" Rose added, clearly distressed that things were not going according to plan.

As if on cue, the giant skeleton on the front gate howled loudly, welcoming another guest.

The atmosphere changed as the new guest arrived, and young female guests began chattering excitedly among themselves.