Epilogue: Alicia

"Mina, are you okay?"

"Princess, you fine?"

Mina stared out the window to a peaceful world. Not the world of the past but a world at least without zombies.

It'll all turn normal soon... right?

The two men went over to hug her from behind.

Mina sighed. Life is so different from what she had expected but she at least had gotten her revenge and her father was still with her.

She turned to smile at the two men who had stayed by her side.

"I'm good... better than good actually."

Mina barely remembered her good feelings for a man who appeared in her life for a very brief moment.

*****

"Berry-" the middle-aged man implored. "You have to stop this immaturity."

Berry's face contorted into viciousness.

"Dad I've told you! Why do we need to use this cure! It could be bad for us!"

The middle-aged man sighed. His daughter's personality had changed drastically since the young man had left the fort. He understood- first breakup was painful after all.

"Berry darling, all the other forts said it works. Dad knows you're cautious but think of all the good it'll do for us. If your mother was alive-"

A shattered cup stopped the man into silence.

Berry disliked when her father brings up her mother. Cos she knew... her mother had never been with her father at all. She was a product of God knows who or what.

If she didn't have her power, even her current dad wouldn't want her- just like in her past life.

Her life now is better- but... but- she isn't convinced!!

She couldn't find anyone better than him in this life. She was different. A star- a person born beyond this world. She was the only one with memories of past life- she should be the heroine of the world- she!!!

The middle-aged man sighed as he saw his daughter going into another fit again....

He knew that this daughter wasn't his at all. But she appeared the day after his wife had passed away, and thinking of his wife's last words: "I worry for you, dear. I worry you're alone without me. If only... we had a child... a daughter would be good..."

His wife passed away and her body shattered into the air like white mist. Her power was that of ice and she didn't want him to do anything silly with her body so she used her last power to destroy it. To make him move on.

But when Berry appeared, she told him she was his child and looked at him as if she could will him to herself. How could he bear to tell child he had the power to nullify things. It was a very minor power but one that allowed him to stay as the leader, and so he thought to reject this little girl with a strong will. Would she end up using her powers for evil?

But in the end, as he was about to reject her, he saw a Snow White butterfly pass by and gently landed on the girl's shoulder. It tapped her and flew away as if it was an accident.

The man's eyes teared and he smiled at Berry.

"Yes... yes... you are my daughter."

With the rest of his life, he'll take care of this girl. Should her powers change and grow out of control, he'll use his nullification power to keep her in check.

He signed and gently pats Berry's head before leaving the room.

————-

End.