Fu Lian (14)

A hand fingered the tattered book gently.

His long fingers turned the cover over, caressing it as if caressing a lover. With one sweep of motion, his finger flipped through the pages, watching the pages fall, as if to glance quickly through the words.

Before the book ended, he stopped.

A finger went to touch a name.

'Han Rei...'

A low chuckle could be heard.

She hasn't really changed. Even her art style looked the same.

An amused smile lingered on his lips as he perused through the illustrations of beautiful men in compromising positions.

"She drew them in the same positions..." he murmured softly.

His eyes lit up slightly in amusement as he lifted every page like an art critic.

"Does she not know any other positions...," he muttered critically.

Although that does mean she isn't getting more inspiration from elsewhere.

(He is referring to the illustrations of the crown prince and his courtiers in compromising positions in Eliza's life as Eliza Herrington)

He turned the pages over slowly, as if searching for something.

The pages were tattered and bent, as if read often. The pages were brown and yellowing. But it was the only book the soldiers could find that did not have torn pages.

The man turned the book over to the last page. His finger went down to stop at a particular sentence.

'Printed in...'

Henry's eyes crinkled slightly with huge amount of affection and doting present in his eyes.

He tapped his finger thoughtfully on the name of the country, taking his time to peruse through all the information he knew about the country in his head.

His finger continued to tap rhythmically, unhurried and in a constant pace before it suddenly stopped.

The man, with long tussled black hair, stood up and turned to pick up the scabbard next to him, alerting the soldiers at the door.

A man in heavy chunky armour quickly entered in, and knelt down.

"General, what are your orders?"

The man, wearing black armour and blood red robes wrapped around it did not even pause to look at the kneeling soldier.

He simple walked out, as if he had found his purpose for his life.

His low voice echoed in the tent as he swept out the tent.

"Move."

Henry turned to glint chillingly at a certain direction.

"We will start preparing for the attack on the Kingdom."

His hand gripped his scabbard imperceptibly as his eyes turned sharp.

Was there someone trying to take what was his away from him again?

Just like that crown prince...

Was his Eliza tied to someone else once more that she insults him in such a manner?

Henry half narrowed his eyes for a moment before he smirked a little, his doting affection filling his eyes.

He turned away.

Well, let her have some fun.

His eyes cruelly glinted again as if ready to murder someone.

As long as other people kept their hands to themselves.