Alicia (14)

"What?? Why??" F*ck you! Don't be a jerk!" Michael screamed at the frustrating man.

Mina turned to look at Michael and that man, confused.

For a moment, she questioned why would he say such a thing.

Her questioning eyes darkened slightly and soon, she gazed at him seriously.

"Tell me why."

"Princess!!"

The leader didn't bother to look at them.

"My condition is set."

Mina observed Michael quietly and noticed a bleeding trail from his leg.

"Michael... that cut?" Mina urgently said.

Michael raised his eyesbrows before looking at the cut.

"This?? This was from that zombie hand that slashed me!" Michael started to laugh angrily. "What? Did you think I was bitten or something? So you don't want to risk it?? B*llsh*t!!"

He tore the shirt he wore and started to rub the wound aggressively, the blood didn't stop and he finally turned to look at Mina pleadingly.

Mina sighed and healed the wound. When the blood stopped, Michael heaved a sigh of relief.

"See??? Nothing. Just a scratch wound."

The leader was quiet.

Before he finally sniggered.

It was quiet.

But oppressive.

"You're the only one who said it was a scratch. How would we know it wasn't a bite?"

Even Berry pursed her lips.

"Leader..."

She turned to look at her leader but his dark gaze threw her off.

"I don't have time to fight off a human turning into a zombie right at our backs. Either you leave him or we go without you."

Mina was angry. She shouldn't have thought this dude was pretty alright.

"Hah. What makes you think that we can't just follow after you blast a hole in the wall?" Michael said angrily.

But the leader just stared silently at them, and finally laughed darkly.

That dark laughter seemed to bring up goosebumps in all of them, as if they were plunged into a cold cellar.

"You think I need to do that to escape here?"

His words were greeted with silence from the three as they were at a stand-off.

The tension was abruptly cut when the first of the zombies seemed to appear at the bend.

"Rawrgggtrrrrss!!!"

Michael slammed a lightning bold into the zombie, destroying it angrily.

"If you want me to stay then I'll stay!!" He shouted angrily.

"No!!!" Mina screamed. "We're not leaving you here!"

She looked at Handel and he immediately drew walls of wood up at the entrance, blocking the first horde. The zombies seemed to be stronger than usual, smashing noisily into the barricade.

The erected wall was also weak since the wood element was lacking in the cave.

A layer of sweat appeared on Handel's forehead as he continuously erected the wood walls to reinforced whatever they had.

Despite his expressionless face, Mina knew that he was probably straining himself.

"Look, I promise that Michael is okay. If anything happens, it'll be on me." Mina gritted her teeth as she stared determinedly at Leader.

Leader's eyes seem to bore hotly into her. For a moment, it felt like he would agree. As if he had to agree. And that he'll always agree with her.

Leader smirked.

"What worth are your promises to me?"

"Leader!!" Berry exclaimed, shocked.

"You!!" Mina shouted angrily.

She had no time.

"The walls are breaking. I have about 7 layers left but that's it," Handel said tiredly.

Mina felt she'll need to use her last choice. She'll keep Michael in her space and leave.

Even with him inside and even if he turns into a zombie inside, it should still be safe.

She gritted her teeth and turned towards Michael.

"Ara Ara. Who intruded into my den?"