Alicia (23)

"Join you...?"

Mina frowned.

"Why should we do that?"

Berry smiled and walked towards them.

"I know there's a cure... I've found it. But... it was stolen."

The three looked at each other in shock- the cure has been found?? But... for Berry to lie...

Their short moment with her told them that Berry was a very well-favoured daughter of the Leader of Fort Daemon... for her to know certain secrets... wouldn't be off... but this Berry...

Thinking of the helpless Berry who cowered behind that gloomy "Leader", this Berry seemed to have a total personality change...

Mina pursed her lips and frowned.

"Prove it."

Berry smirked, the smirk drawing an eerie contrast on her cute Lolita face.

"Isnt the proof.. right there?"

A finger pointed at Handel.

Handel was startled.

"What do you mean... Handel can't be a zombie!" Michael exclaimed in anger.

Mina frowned and held Michael's arm, pulling him back.

"Don't try to sow any discord. The fort has checked. We also have a talent who is able to see if one is infected. Handel is safe."

Berry laughed.

"Did you think nobody knew...? Handel was bitten."

"Impossible. Only I was scratched, Handel was bust erecting all the wood walls.... And he was overstrained and..." Michael'a voice trailed.

"I... was bitten," Handel whispered and looked away.

Mina and Michael stared at him in shock.

"I'm sorry... but I'm fine now." Handel whispered.

"Did.. that Alicia... inject you with anything..." Mina softly asked.

Handel evaded their stares and seemed to refuse to answer.

"Handel, we need to know." Michael interjected, his gaze telling Handel he would do anything... if Handel pose a danger to Mina.

Handel looked away and finally murmured, "They... did inject something!! But... they said it was contraceptives!"

Mina and Michael were shocked.

Handel looked at them both and felt a wave of humiliation, "Look, I didn't do anything I shouldn't there. Don't look at me like that."

Mina was shocked- not because Handel was still a virgin... but that what Berry said was most likely true...

"What's your point Berry?"

Berry smirked. "With your fort and mine... no matter the superpowers Alicia has, we can tear the fort down."

Mina thought about that gloomy male who emanated danger.

"And ... what about that.."

"Grael...?" Berry's eyes shone with hatred... "He definitely is someone to be reckoned with... but the last we saw... his eyes turned blind. He overdrew his powers. And he won't be able to use his powers at all for 2 weeks."

"That's barely a week more." Michael grimly said.

"That's why I came to find you, missy and her two guards" Berry laughed. "So... are we joining hands... I promise you- my fort is ready to go at your "Yes"~"

Mina could barely hide the sense of disgust towards this strange Berry- but thinking of that feeling of dislike towards Alicia and how her and her ladies had settled down in their title mountain aloof and happy, away from the world... she couldn't help but want to pull them down to their hell..

Don't blame her for being ruthless... at least with the cure in their hands, the cure would be used for all mankind- and not locked up in Alicia's cult.

"Alright... I agree with you." Mina said. "Let's save the world."

Berry smirked.

'Yes... let me be the one to save the world, Miss Heroine...'