Alicia (19)

Mina was quietly resting, her head throbbing slightly. The women who were in the fort were accommodating... and vapid, like brainless birds.

She didn't want to put down women like her... but they really acted so air-headed, she couldn't help but look down on them a little.

The other thing that annoyed her was how they kept calling her best friends her "lovers". No matter how she explained to them, they saw the world as if it was a romance novel. Everyone needed to have an "other" which is ironic since all of the humans in this "fort" were girls.

After resting the night, she had woken up with a jolt.

She was initially frantic to head back to her fort but was quickly assuaged by the girls that their "pet" had helped to tamp down the zombie rising.

However, that did not calmed her down. One day was enough, they needed to leave. Had it not been for Handel slumping down and fainting, Michael and her being too fatigued, she would have left straight back with whatever shards she had managed to scoop up.

"Princess, we're leaving now?" A hoarse voice sounded behind her.

Mina turned to look at Michael, her lips barely able to keep itself from turning up at the sight of the exhausted person who was usually very much like a puppy. He definitely looked tired out from all the girl-handling by the frantic women yesterday.

At first, she had tried to pull him back from the rabid hands of the women- only to realise that whatever part they touched had started healing.

Initially she was shocked that there were so many healers, but she soon realised something interesting from the girls.

The females who had developed healing abilities only developed them after arriving at this mountain.

It seems that they had followed their "Alicia-sama" here just a while back and when they grew comfortable, they realise that they were able to heal things. And even more surprisingly, some were able to grow things. Hence, even when left alone, food wasn't too scarce here.

Mina was surprised at the findings. Of course, she had not been near the mountain at this time, so there could have been a hidden fort here for all she knew, but to have a bunch of people developing healing and growth abilities altogether was something strange.

Also... that bizarre human male pet was something she needed to figure out.

Perhaps these people were important figures after her death.

In that case... it was even more imperative for her to take control of these factors early.

Mina smiled at Michael as she grabbed her bag.

She pulled his hand quickly when she realised the loafer intended to laze around more.

"Hurry up. We need to head back to the fort."

Mina headed down with Michael.

One clear thought remained in her head: I'll be back.

***

In the darkness of the night, Mina wasn't the only one restless.

A door opened in the dark hallway, and a petite figure quietly slipped out of her room.

Berry blinked her eyes slowly, getting used to the darkness and trying to find her bearings with whatever light was shining through.

A red sparkle lit for a tiny second in the depth of her eyes, so quickly one would have missed it in a blink.

Berry took a deep breath and released it slowly, as if to ready herself. Immediately after, she clenched her hands tightly as if she was going to take a huge leap of faith.

The figure paused and finally scurried into the darkness.

As Berry roamed around, she finally seemed to find the stairs she was looking for.

Quiet as a mouse, she climbed up the stairs with great caution... only to reach the end when someone blocked her.

A smile played on the other's lips.

"Well, what's a little rat like you sneaking around here?"

***

In the room, Alicia was not the most calm figure as she usually was.

You see, there was a sneaking little girl who was roaming around and now tied up right in front of her.

Alicia blew her fingernails that were freshly drawn.

[by what?]

'Shut up.'

System rolled his eyes internally at his tastaker's 'villainess posture' of blowing non existent manicured nails.

"Well, little rat. What are you looking for?"

"You!!! You despicable woman! Let Leader go!!" Berry yelled angrily at the woman before her.

Her snarky accent and arrogant demeanour rubbed Berry the wrong way! For Berry, who was a pampered and loved daughter of the Fort's Leader, she was pretty pampered like a princess. Even the top scientist at the fort was allowed to accompany her on her errand.

"Little rat, I'm not holding your Leader hostage," Alicia casually flicked something off her shoulder as she spoke.

"It's just that he's hurt and my girls are administrating medical assistance."

Berry almost wanted to tear at that woman's face.

"Yes but not in your room!! For such a... such a VILE woman who locks up pretty boys in a chain daily, i don't know what you're doing with Leader whose beauty is out of this world!"

Alicia looked at her calmly, but inside, she was surprised

'System, what the hell is she saying.'

[I think she's saying you're a pervert.]

'She does know we live in a cave yes? I mean sure we made a building of sorts inside but we don't actually have much spare rooms. Is this woman braindead?'

[I think she's right in thinking you're a pervert.]

'And what beautiful boy did I capture?? If I did capture a beautiful boy, I won't be locking him up!!'

System didn't want to imagine what else Eliza would do if she had a beautiful boy near her.

[I believe she's talking about the zombie king.]

'Does she want the zombie king?' Alicia puzzled voice replied.

"Well, I'm not against you taking your leader and that... beautiful... boy."

Berry was stumped.

She did not expect the witch to hand over her Leader  so quickly, and that she would also give away her beautiful captive boy to be rescued. Was it a misunderstanding?

"Well, if you can, perhaps you can leave right after this?"

Before Berry could respond, the witch went in and in a moment, a huge heavy thing was thrown at Berry.

[Ah Eliza. That's the wrong person.]

"Ah sorry."

Berry looked at the comatose Handel flabbergasted.