Part 21

Hello Beautiful People..!!

Merry Christmas 🎄🎁
May this festival bring you lots of happiness and blessings ✨❄️☃️

Happy New Year 🧚💕
Hoping that this year may bring us all the happiness, health, good luck and prosperity into our lives. 💌🍀🫧

Anyways, here's your update.. :)

.

.

.

.

*The Day of Shuddikaran Pooja*

It was early in the morning when Ruhaanika was woken up for some rituals. Firstly, she was asked to wash her hair and was given a saree which was draped for a traditional bathing ritual.

Many of the ladies came to apply ubtan (herbal bathing paste) and haldi. After that she was bathed in milk and then water.

As sun was rising, she was asked to be present in pooja mandap, where she was asked to prepare an idol of Lord Ganesh with Haldi. The same idol was later placed at the empty podium and after few rituals, the pooja started.

Uday joined the pooja after his conference call and stood at a distance. Vijay, Unnati, Jagat and Jay joined him as Ruhaanika was now seriously performing the rituals.

Vijay: Hum sab ek saath teen saal uske saath the, in fact hum sab ek hi ghar mein rehte the phir bhi hum ne unhe nahi pehechana.

Jagat: Haa ajeeb baat toh hai.

Jay: It's not our fault. Humne last time jab Jiji ko dekha tha tab hum log bahut chotte the na.

Unnati: Lekin humne bahut baar unki kuch aadatein bahut jaani pehechani lagi thi.

Jagat: Kuch aadatein shayad kabhi badalti nahi hongi.

Vijay keeps looking at her as Shivaansh now sits behind her, taking numerous photos of the decor. Komal and Vasundhara were sitting on the opposite side, handing the items whenever Raj Purohit Ji asked for something.

As the Shanti havan starts, Ruhaanika starts feeling hungry as she was under a strict fasting custom where she was not even allowed to consume water. Shivaansh tried to sneak food for her when she was asked to change her dress but Ruhaanika denied him out rightly, saying that she respected the rituals and the emotions of her family.

When it was close to mid afternoon, the Shuddikaran pooja finally ended as the shanti havan was concluded by offering purnahuti (an offering, usually burnt, to several deities, mainly pancha bhutaas (five premordial elements namely Earth, Air, Water, Sky and Fire), at the close of certain sacrifices).

While giving out the Prasad of the shanti havan, Raj Purohit Ji pulled out Uday made him stand beside Ruhaanika who was taking out other plates of the offerings.

Ruhaanika and Uday look at each other as they hit each other's shoulders by mistake as Raj Purohit Ji grabbed him near the havan kund (the fire pit).

Raj Purohit Ji: Sheeghrmewa Kalyaana Pratpirastu!! (showering some petals on them)

Fun Fact!!
I visited Kanchipuram recently and the priest blessed me the same. 😳🙈

Ruhaanika didn't know how to react so she lowers her gaze but Uday gives a tight lipped smile to him as they bend down to take blessings, unintentionally together. Ruhaanika gets startled by the coincidence and tries to gets up but Raj Purohit Ji smiles at them and blesses them for a happy married life.