Part 16

Hello Beautiful People..!!

Starting from this update, all the dialogues will be in English.
Also, I am planning to edit my books into English from Hindi.
It would take ages but it's fine with me.
What say??

Anyways, here's your update.. :)

.

.

.

.

*Jaigarh Palace*

The gorgeous white mansion stood proudly shining in the evening sun. The grand fountain of elephants and lions was very striking to the eye. The thin grey stoned pathway to the stairs was surrounded by lush green grass.

If Devgarh Palace was epitome of architectural heritage then Jaigarh Palace would be an embodiment of regality.

To say onlookers were always enchanted by the residential place of Jaigarh royalty would be an understatement. The palace screamed that it belonged to a royal family who still ruled the country, not the lands or masses but an entire business empire.

Vasundhara was standing at the end of the pathway, a maid catching an umbrella to protect her from the evening sun. She dressed in peacock blue saree, adorned in traditional jewellery.

The car door was opened by a maid and Vasundhara hugged Ruhaanika as a welcoming gesture.

Vasundhara: I'm so happy to see you here, beta. How are you?

Ruhaanika: I'm fine. I'm happy to meet you too, Aunty Ji.

Vasundhara: Don't call me Aunty beta, now I am going to be your mother in law so you can call me Maa or Mom. Aunty feels like I am some stranger to you.

Ruhaanika: (feeling extremely awkward) Ji.

Vasundhara: Come on, let's go in. Its too sunny.

Ruhaanika looks around and finds many of the maids peeking out to have a look at her. Vasundhara takes her hand and walks in the palace, the receptionists bow to them in response.

Vasundhara stops at the reception and turns towards Ruhaanika.

Vasundhara: This is our reception. Whenever you feel like coming here to meet any of us, you can make a call here and ask whether we are available at palace or not. Also if anyone comes to meet us, they will make a call to us from here, it's like an intercom in the palace.

She hands in a business card which has the contact numbers of Jaigarh Palace reception. Ruhaanika keeps the card safe in her sling bag and smiles at the receptionists.

Vasundhara introduces her to the head of the security and shows her around the Palace. Ruhaanika subconsciously compares Jaigarh Palace and Devgarh Palace and came to a conclusion that Devgarh Palace felt more homely to her than the Jaigarh Palace.

Vasundhara takes her to the informal living room where the maids get some refreshments. The maids were standing by the pillar side and were looking at Ruhaanika with wide eyes. Some of them tried to take her photos but were mostly unsuccessful.

Vasundhara: How was your etiquette class with Mrs. Dahiya? Was she strict?

Ruhaanika: (with little anger) I wouldn't say she was just strict but unreasonable, yes.

Vasundhara: I know she is little.. (taking a brief pause) judgemental but she is the best in her field. She have shaped many of the celebrities career by making them camera ready. That's why I suggest you to not mind her and obey her. This will make her think that she has won against you and she would stop bothering you. Okay?