Part 9

Hello Beautiful People..!!

Why is this Wattpad having such stupid technical glitches??
I mean I am already super duper late with my update and upar se this.. 😤😤
I expected myself to update around 7.30 PM on 15th August but apparently my plans fell into drains 😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️

(Belated) Happy 77th Independence Day to the Biggest Democratic Nation of the World.. 🇮🇳🇮🇳
Let's never forget the sacrifices and struggles our ancestors have gone through and make them proud by being better citizens..!!

Here's your much awaited update.. :)

.

.

.

.

*Fast forward to eight days*

It was Ruhaanika's last exam and the toughest one. The subject was 'Strategic Thinking and Decision Making', which was taught by Professor Kapadia, who loved to trouble students by either making lengthy question papers or asking tricky questions.

She left for college as usual at 7.45 AM. Also, she had plans to visit her cafes after her exam as she hasn't checked on them for almost 3 weeks now.

It was already 9.30 PM but Ruhaanika was still not home. Not to mention that the weather was turning cloudy and looked like it would rain in some time, moreover her phone was switched off since 7.00 PM.

Usually Uday worked sitting on the bed but today he was sitting in the living room and attending his business meetings, waiting for her.

Jay and Unnati were waiting at the park which was exactly in front of her block to caution her about Uday being angry at her. When Komal called in the evening to ask about her exam, Vijay made an excuse that she was sleeping since she was tired. Thankfully, Komal called on Jay's phone and believed them.

When the clock ticked 10.15 PM, Ruhaanika returned in an Audi car with a guy in a damp state. She was drenched in rain and the guy had offered his hoodie to protect her from the cold. Jay and Unnati were standing just a few metres away from them and could hear their conversation.

Ruhaanika: You have helped me even though it would be detour for your destination. Thank you so much for helping me out, Prashant.

Prashant: Don't say thank you and break our friendship, RK. I have done the same thing which any friend would've done and moreover you're my best friend. I can do at least this much, right.

Ruhaanika: Can I return this hoodie later to you?

Prashant: Actually this hoodie is from our club so I would need this one. If you don't mind can I have it back?

Ruhaanika nods and opens the zipper to give it to him. Just then, Jay and Unnati come to them, Ruhaanika looks a little surprised but keeps quiet in front of Prashant.

Jay: Ruhi,let's go upstairs. You're drenched in rain.

Prashant: I'm sorry but who are you?

Unnati was about to answer but Prashant misinterpreted and answered his own question.

Prashant: Oh you guys are RK's cousins, right? (turning towards Ruhaanika) You told me once that you have two sisters and two brothers. Maybe from your mom's side.. cousins right?

Ruhaanika was startled with the sudden question and just kept numb while Jay and Unnati were shocked at his interpretation. Trying to change the topic, Ruhaanika mutters the first thing that comes to her mind.