Part 1

Hello Beautiful People..!!

WARNING..!!

This story goes in flashback and in parallel to present day. So don't get confused with the sudden change of the scene.

Anyways, here's your update.. :)

.

.

.

.

*Devgarh Palace, Mumbai*

The palace was full of people from Grazia India Magazine, working on photoshoot for their cover story on the most popular royal families of India, Devgarh and Jaigarh.

The royal families of India were now stripped off their titles but very few of them still ruled, not lands or kingdoms but business empires.

As the photographers were setting their equipment on the supervision of maids of Devgarh Palace, an old woman dressed in white silk saree, adorned with heavy diamond jewellery descended the main staircase with a gentle smile.

Staff boy: Ma'am, you sit here. First I will take your single shots. Is it okay with you?

Rajmata: Of course, you can start now. (smiling gently)

Two girls were standing in the corner of the room, whispering to each other.

Girl 1: Rajmata ji is looking very beautiful na?

Girl 2: Yeah, if she is this beautiful in her old age then imagine she would have been a diva in her prime years. People would have been dying for her glimpse.(dreamily)

Girl 1: You should actually see Rajkumari ji. My boyfriend literally dies for her. (enviously)

Girl 2: We are commoners, babes. She is a princess. There is no comparison between us. 

Girl 1: You know I heard that Maharani ji doesn't have kids of her own.

Girl 2: No, I have heard that she had a daughter but many years back she got kidnapped and was never found since then. It was a trending news back then.

Girl 1: Anyways, it's been years who knows whether the girl is alive or dead.

Unknown voice: My daughter is still alive and very soon she is going to return back to us. Coming to kids, I have three, a son and two daughters. (sternly)

The girls turn around fearfully as they have already recognised the voice of the owner.

There stood a beautiful lady in crimson red saree wearing traditional kundan jewellery with sindoor in her hair partition, highlighting her face. She was Maharani of Devgarh Komal Devi.

The girls have fearfully apologized to her but as the queen gestured, a maid have shown them the door, politely.

Rajmata's solo photoshoot was almost done when a tall man wearing an Armani suit, talking on the phone was seen coming from the farthest corridor of the palace. That was Maharaj of Devgarh Brijraj Singh.

He smiles at the queen who was standing beside a table, instructing to some maids about serving the photographers some refreshments.

The staff boy guides him to a loveseat where the couple were going to have their shoot.

Another photographer comes to them and suggests them some poses while his partner clicks their pictures.

An hour passes by and it was time for combined photoshoot of D&J elders.

Maharaj Giriraj Singh and Maharani Vasundhara join them and the shoot resumes.

The staff were as usual helping the royalty while the employees of Grazia India Magazine were doing their work. It was also decided that they would get the final approval for photos from their PR team as the youngsters have already done their part.