Ch. 72 || Molten Metal

Damien 🌹

Helios

My steps fell heavily on the floor of the grand hall. The chains of jewels hitting against the metal plate on my shoulders echoed in the enormous dark corridor that is filled with silence in the dark of the night. My plush black cloak brushed its edge on the carpeted floor as I walked towards the double doors.

Opening the doors, I entered the grand hall that was full of darkness. And I see my queen standing by the large stone window, the moonlight making her shine in blue. Standing alone in the place carved out of stone, wearing a beautiful blue gown that circled around her like a small cloud. Her dark brown hair fits into a beautiful long braid. She blankly stared out of the window, at the dark clouds full of thunders and winds.

I walked towards her; she could already feel me in the room but didn't turn around. I rest my hands on both of her shoulders from behind. The same hands that have been painted in the blood of innocents. The same ruthless, calloused hands that have manoeuvred the sword to take souls that I have lost a count of. For greed, for lust, for victory, for pleasure, for vengeance. But today, my sword will rise for love.

“Tell me what is that on your mind?” I say against her ear.

She sucks in sharp breath, still staring outside at the heavy clouds and the thunderbolt lighting the sky, making the walls of the palace look haunted and intimidating more than they were before.

“Today is unlike anything.” she says through her uneven breaths as she turns around, our faces only some inches apart. “Today our fate might shatter everything. You shouldn't have accepted his challenge; we still have time. We can call off the battle.”

I gently brush my fingers over her face, taking a strand back to her ear.

“He challenged me for the battle and he is going to get it. I never backed down and let the fear hold me back. The one who wins, will be the true love. You and I both know that our love can never be damned, it can never be conquered by anyone else. You shall have no fear, Thora. If my love is true, he will die at my hands.”

I twist my two fingers together and a small fire ignited in the gap between us. Orange hues brighten her face, making the darkness swipe away. Her eyes are teary and full of fear. Unlike I have ever seen her. She is as ruthless as I am, except I am merciless. But love makes us do things that have been beyond something we have ever been capable of.

“A voice in me says that tonight will be the night of tragedy. Something bad is yet to come.” A silent tear rolled down her cheek.

“If we were to end, I will meet you in another life. To love you more than I do now. To complete our story. To conquer. To rule. With you.” I plant a soft, tender kiss on her lips.

She softly whispers against my lips “I want to love you for lifetimes. I do not want to end us here, with no happy ending, with no marriage, with no kids. I wish to grow old with you, till the end of time.”

“If we conquer today, we shall live together for eternity.”

“If we end today?” She asked.

“Then we shall meet again in another life.” I promised.

“I will cross rivers and seas to find you and be pure of my sins with the touch of your love.” I kiss her again, passionately.

I take a step back, leaving the fire in the air. her eyes wandered in confusion that is mixed with tears of worry.

I take the sword hilt to my side waist and pull it out. The red velvet plush material wrapped around on sword inside perfectly. I hold the edge in my other hand and stand in front of her, holding the sword in the air.