Ch. 60 || Gunshots

Damien 🥀

*One week later*

"Take them inside." I commanded Nico.

He and his team grabbed each one of the men who were a part of the experiment. 5 of them to be precise. He sent the files on them mysteriously in my house a week ago while I was in the Kallistar. I had to ask Cade to rebuild the security system of my house after that. I hate when someone invades my personal space. It really pisses me off.

The five people are unconscious as their limp body is dragged inside the abandoned warehouse, only a few lights illuminating the place in the midnight air.

This is the place where I had suffered 13 years ago.

It's located far outside of Maxion City, beyond the forest and really close to the seaside. There are cells behind the warehouse which they made especially to keep all of us locked. The place looking haunted and soul-eating in the night sky.

I tilt my head to the side when I smell cigarettes and see Cade standing behind me. His eyes took in the view of the building with a glint in his eyes.

He stands to my side and we both stare at the building that changed our lives. The one where we were tortured and beaten. The one where we lost our souls and only our bodies walked outside.

"13 years later..." Cade whispered, looking at the building.

"13 years later..." I repeat and nod my head.

⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅

Harrison runs scared in the dark hallway that is lit up with only a bulb that is flickering, trying to get to the entrance to run outside.

Well, I'm impressed he still remembers the ways around the warehouse. I don't chase after him, I let him run, knowing exactly he won't make it far before she appears.

And just when he was about to open the entrance door, my wife stepped in. Wearing a black jumpsuit that hugged her body smoothly and her long dark hair pulled up into a high ponytail. She twirled her sword- which Lucien stole from me- as she walked in.

Harrison stopped and started retreating, her intimidating aura making him stumble fall onto his knees.

"Got somewhere to go?" My wife asked with her sweet voice but it was poisonous enough to make the man crawl back on his elbows.

She isn't changed, she just summoned her powers back. She summoned every bit of the ruthless queen she was.

And I feel so proud of her. Not just because she realised who she is or because she became more badass than she already was, but I feel proud of her for even breathing, for surviving, for not giving up. Atta girl.

My persephone. My dark goddess.

She pressed the tip of her sword at his chest and his body went still, completely unmovable.

I grab him from behind. entering into the grand dark hall, i throw his body on the chair that is lined up with other chairs where the other men are tied up to it. I give him a sedative and tie up his body.

The great hall is dark and only a few tubelights were lit up in the rusted railings of the huge ceiling. My boots fell onto the floor that was covered in dust and some rusted metal items as I walked across the hall, making my way inside of the office at the end.

When I open the door, I see Zaria, Cade and Lex inside. The office is well organised, providing warmth and clear bright lights.

Zaria is sitting on a couch that is lined up against the wall in the corner, tying her shoe laces. and Cade is leaning against the table in the middle, typing something on his phone while Lex is observering zaria's sword as he held in his hands. The way his muscles tensed, it was clear he has to make extra effort to hold the heavy item.