Ch. 38 || The Art Room

Zaria 🌹

I walk into Damien's penthouse. Two days ago, he was discharged and immediately he left for LA for some business. Cade has given me Damien's penthouse's personal access code because I need to pick some clothes for my upcoming book signing event in New York, which is tomorrow.

It was supposed to happen later as I just got married and all, but tomorrow's date is perfect for everyone's schedule. My husband isn’t even here. It’s also a plus point that I have the perfect excuse to ignore Zayn— I mean Lex and my father. Even though the city is big, I'm not comfortable enough to even have a 1% chance to see them.

His penthouse is just like Cade but with extra floors. 24-foot-high ceiling windows, providing a beautiful view of the sea link with the city view. The colours of walls perfectly blended with floor colours and rich furniture. Everything is in a dark colour palette— dark navy blue, dark grey, dark brown…

Beautiful small chandeliers and sconces in a shade of gold and silver make this place look more grand and rich. Perfect blend of old money and new money aesthetic.

I don't see any maids or houseworkers around. They were here when I visited here last time before our flight to Hawaii. Damien must have sent them off since he is not in the city.

I walk across the hallway, not sure where I'm going. In the silence, I hear a notification bell and I pull out my phone.

Damein.
"So, you want me to seduce you after all. By the way, our room is on the second floor, little violence. You're going in the wrong direction."

Agh!! It's no surprise that there’re CCTV cameras around and judging by the high-quality security system he has, he definitely got a notification when I entered the house.

Me.
"Our room? What happened to our agreement? You're rule number 1 of not sharing the same bedroom or at least not invading it? "

I texted back in annoyance. It's not even been 15 seconds when the reply comes.

Damien.
"It said you can't step in my bedroom without my permission. Now, you even have my permission to touch yourself in my bed while I watch you through the cam."

My cheeks heated and legs involuntarily clenched together. To ignore it, I start walking towards the stairs to the second floor as my fingers flew around the keyboard.

Me.
"You're a dick."

So original, Zaria.

Damien.
"Are you talking about the same dick that you see in your dreams where you're begging me to go deep and fuck you harder?"

Me.
"That bullet should have hit your brain, you know."

I step into the dark green panelled hallway and see a lavish double door to the other end. I guess that must be his room.

Me.
"I thought we had different rooms." 

That's what our marriage agreement said. He even told me he'll arrange a guest room for me, far far away from his own room.

Damien.
"We did but not anymore. I got your things moved into my room."

Why would he even bother to do that? He confessed that he is in love with me but it could be another trap to lure me into. I don't trust this man.

I opened the door of his bedroom and entered. To no surprise, the room has the dark navy blue panelled walls and a large four-poster bed in the middle with black sheets and dark grey lush blanket. A black plush carpet underneath the bed.