Ch. 37 || Hospital

Damien 🥀

I lazily open my eyelids. The LED lights stabbing into my eyes when I open them. The warm touch of soft skin against my rough ones feels familiar. I see Zaria sitting to my right, by the bed. My heart warmed at her sight. My stomach literally fluttered when I saw her. It feels like I've been yearning to see her for years.

She was lost in her own thoughts while looking down where she held my hand, gently grazing her fingers over my tattooed fingers. She's wearing a pj. Loose white shirt with long sleeves and shorts. Her trench coat hangs on the chair head. This might be the same outfit she wore when I called her.

But I don't pay attention to how much time has passed since I've passed out, I only think about if she has eaten anything yet.

"Have you eaten anything yet, Violence ?" I ask gently. Pulling her out from her thoughts. She looked at me with eyes wide.

"Why didn't you fucking tell me you were shot." She yelled at me. At Least she's yelling, it's better than a silent treatment.

"You didn't eat anything. I was worried about your health." I replied.

"That doesn't answer my question."

"Neither did yours." I said and she exhaled the air down her lungs before speaking again.

"Worrying about my health when you were literally fighting with death ? Why don't you start worrying about your health instead ?" She grunted. Even though her voice was filled with anger, tears flowed down her cheeks.

I tried to sit up and the pain in my waist intensified when I moved. I was shirtless and a white bandage cloth was dressed around my waist. Black and red spread over the cotton where the wound was. A groan rumbles past my chest when I sit straight on the bed.

The light brown floors were made of marble and walls covered in light blue. A whole floor to ceiling glass taking as a wall at the entrance. Except for the IV, monitoring machines and bed, the room was completely empty. And I realised we were in the Vitalis headquarter. The hunters' organisation.

Nico and the medical team must have found me on time and informed zaria and Cade.

"One of the things I learned from a patient who also happened to be my sister is that you never act as if you're already fine. It hurts more if you do." She says, indirectly reminding me of what happened between us.

"I am regretting that." That's all I could say at the moment but I didn't lie.

"Are you?" She wiped her tears off with knuckles. "When I heard you were shot and saw you lying here unconscious, for a minute I felt like there's no oxygen for me to breathe. I wanted to hug you, hold you tight and cry against your chest. But when I moved to touch you, the memory of Thia's brushed face followed by. Every Time."

My heart ached knowing that she's hurt and I'm the reason for it. But I'm not going to say it with words, I'm going to show it with actions just how sorry I am.

"Come to our house. Violence." I say gently.

"Why ? You tryna seduce me there or what ?" She asks, forcing herself to lighten up the mood, not because this is hospital wing but because she probably doesn't want to think about how she felt.

"That's one of the many things that'll happen there." I play flirtatious.

"What are your plans Mr. Erik ?" She wasn't flirting, she was just simply asking a question because her voice tone was stern but I plan on flirting a little.

"Maybe a little bit of spanking would explain, Mrs. Erik." I flirt. Her eyes widened and cheeks turned red. She mentally tried to shake it off.

"You are the one who should get some spanking. You definitely need it. maybe then you'd learn your manners." She said, shaking her head and looking in another direction.