Ch. 26 || Vows

Damien 🥀

I am standing at my assigned position and looking around till the ceremony starts. Dad and George are chatting with some aristocrats. Mom and Abby are talking to some women. Nico was chatting with Zaria's uncle. Most of the guests sat on the tables placed on either side of the aisle. Long rectangular tables on all three sides of the square garden, leaving the side that is left as a false stage. The tables have a minimalistic but pleasant vanilla décor with rare real flowers that trailed its heavenly fragrance in the air.

The sound of large waves hitting the cliff in a rhythmic tone is like music to the ears. It feels like the ocean itself is singing with joy and praise.

"You are the groom but all the ladies out here are eye-fucking me." Cade grunted but in a satisfied way from where he was standing just behind me.

Standing on the altar of course, all people were paying attention to us and all he noticed were the ladies eyeing him.

"Don't take all the credit Cade. Some of them are looking my way as well." Lex remarked from beside Cade.

"Don't make me regret making the two of you my groomsmen." I grunted, annoyed.

"Don't make me regret not kicking your ass from behind." Cade said nonchalantly.

"Funny how you are paying attention to my ass." I said with a stoic face, looking forward.

"Funny how badly you want me to pay attention to your fucking whatever." He cringed with annoyance.

I could've given a witty reply but my attention is on the strange feeling which is making me really impatient. Half of my focus was on the entrance of the house which is around 150 metres away from here with a small bridge in the middle. The bridge which connects to the villa is decorated with veils of beautiful flowers curling around the parapets.

Hundreds of high-profile people are here with no paparazzi allowed. A few authorized photographers were allowed inside who will release the pictures and videos in the news just after the wedding.

There was never a single photo of me on the internet before, I was just a 60 year old powerful man with money and power in the public's imagination, but after today, the world is going to see my face for the first time. Its necessary. To make a statement. To publicize this wedding so that the news reaches the ears that are supposed to hear.

I just can't wait to see Zaria.

The musicians played a romantic instrument, a signal of arrival. From here, I could see Zaria crossing the bridge in a beautiful white mermaid gown with the long tail of her veil grazing over the ground. Her bridesmaids held up the edges of it behind her.

Holding a flower bouquet in one hand and another hand held by Thia. I wonder why Zaria chose Thia instead of her dad. I sensed things were not really great between them but I didn't think it was this bad that she wouldn't allow him to walk her down the aisle. I will learn the truth in the future. But for now, I can't look away anywhere but at her.

The feeling of being nervous is extremely foreign to me but I'll have to admit, I am nervous. Seeing her, my heart hammered in my chest, threatening to break free and roll into her feet. Fuck. I'm totally gone for this woman.