Ch. 35 || Lost Twin

Zaria 🌹

At times like this I wish I was an alcoholic or at least a normal alcohol drinker, because my head is blowing up in distress. The last thing I remember was Alfred's calm words hypnotising me… Now I'm lying in my bed with blankets on. My head spins as I tried to sit up and lean my back against the headboard.

As my vision cleared, I saw Cade and Lucien sitting across the room. Lucien sat on the armchair and Cade sat on the couch, the armchairs are too small for his figure anyway.

I have been conscious for 15 minutes, but I laid down in bed trying to remember anything about the last 2 hours, and only mustered up the energy to sit up now.

"I have called the maids to serve you dinner here." Cade said, putting his phone down.

"Do you remember anything?" Lucien asked, clapping his hands in nervousness. His blonde hair tousled.

"Let her rest." Cade grunted at Lucien.

"How do you know about all this?" I ask Lucien furiously, my head throbbing.

"It's already proven that you are Thora. I'm not Lucien too, I am," he paused, looking at the floor then continued as if forcing the words out. "I am Helios."

A heavy breath escaped past my chest. This is unbelievable. I want to shout, I want to scream, I want to curl up in bed and cry for hours. How am I supposed to take the new reality of my existence? Was the life I was living a lie? Am I not Zaria?

I don't even know what's really happening to me but it doesn't feel right. If I really am Thora then why knowing Lucien is Helios doesn't feel right? It is supposed to be comforting…? Something’s off about it.

"I suggest you to stop your nonsense and get the fuck out of here." Cade stood up in a tight stance.

Lucien stood abruptly too and blurted out "it's not nonsense, it's reality check Cade- oh wait, I mean Sepehr."

Cade raised an eyebrow at him, his jaw clenched tight. He walked towards Lucien intimidatingly, Cade is way taller than him and looked down at Lucien, daring him to cross him.

"Do you have any proof of what you're saying?" Cade asked.

"I do." Lucien replied without batting his eyes in Cade's threatening proximity.

Lucien walked towards me but Cade held his collar from behind and pulled Lucien back effortlessly. Somehow, I feel better Cade did that.

"I'm the one who sent those letters." Lucien spoke, fixing his white shirt.

My eyes widened in shock and confusion. The man that caused Thia's accident on Damien's command was the same man who gave me letters. Either I really misunderstood Damien or Lucien is lying.

"I knew Damien was planning to trap you, I knew his plans so I took advantage of that and dressed one of my men as the person who Damien hired to cause the accident. So that I can give you the letters anonymously and without getting caught." Lucien explained from where he stood.

"Does Damien know about this?" It’s the first thing that comes to my mind, his name burned on my tongue and my heart aches all over again.