Ch. 5 || Brothers

Zaria 🌹

One week later

The sound of my heels clacking on the floor was faded by the muffled sounds of people around as I entered into the lobby of the building. Damien has scheduled our meeting at his office today. And I am nervous.

I don't know if the office temperature was hot or if it was my anxiety that burned on my skin.

The logo of The Achlys Group shined on the wall behind the marble counter. The coffee-colored high ceiling walls decorated with gold LED lights casting on them. The shiny marble floor. Two comfortable white Olympic sofas matching the floor parallel to each other with round tables, and beautiful little white chandeliers hung on the ceilings.

Many men and women chatted with each other softly standing stiff and poised, as if trained.

I walked towards the receptionist who has her attention on the screen in front of her.

"Excuse me" I said.

"Hello Ms. Williams, How can I help you?" She greeted me with a smile.

"I'm here to meet Mr. Damien Erik. We have a meeting scheduled."

"Sure, let me check." she began typing something on the computer.
Soon, she dialed a number on a cordless telephone and spoke to someone in a hushed voice I couldn't hear.

"Ma'am, you'll have to wait a few minutes. Mr. Erik's secretary will be here soon to escort you to his office." she said with a gentle smile and I nodded in response.

I sit on the comfortable sofa and took a magazine from the table. It was a big magazine brand, presenting the most successful and large organizations. The Achlys Group was on the front page.

Ranked no.1 What? I was shocked but not surprised.

Impressed to some extent even.
There were photos of current & previous CEO's and other people but there wasn't any single photo of Damien.

After a few minutes of mindless reading, I heard a sound of heels making its way towards me. I glanced in that direction and saw a beautiful tall Blonde woman.

She wore an expensive jumpsuit but I won't call it a jumpsuit because it didn't cover her belly and it had a deep neckline blouse. It was separate from the pants. Her outfit didn't cover most of her light skin.

She wore golden jewelry and Siren makeup. She looked stunning - Bold and confident.

"Hello, Ms. Zaria?" She approached me.

"Yes" I stood.

She gestured to me for a handshake but her smile didn't reach her eyes. "I'm Mr. Damien's secretary, Gianna Martin."

"Nice to meet you" I shook hands with her.

"Mr. Damien's office is on the 58th floor, I'll guide you there" she starts walking implying I follow her.

We walked to the white pastel colored elevator wing. The elevator door ping opened and we entered inside. There was no one except us. Gianna pressed the 58th floor button.

"You're a little early." she said.

"Better early than late." I stated.

She was standing to my left but I could feel her gaze wandering on me without having to look at her. It makes me uncomfortable.

"That's good, Mr. Damien doesn't like people being late" she said, her voice hinting something.

I just smile in response; I don't want to engage with her more. She breaks the few seconds of awkward silence.