Ch. 31 || Lucien

Lucien 🍂

I tug the buttons of my white shirt and run my hands through my blonde hair for the last time before leaving my room. I'm still at the villa. I couldn't leave this place without her.

I make my way across the hallway on the second floor. I want to take one last glance at her before I leave for my flight.
A soft, calming sound of laughter ring in my ears. Her laugh. Standing by the parapets, I look down in the study room.

The smile on my face disappears when I see her sitting in the lap of my brother, by the enormous mahogany table. Pieces of my heart fall in my stomach, tearing apart my inner flesh. My heart is not whole. It's been shattered into pieces ever since he took her away from me.

"Tell me this is a prank." Zaria was stunned looking at some kind of papers in her hands.

"As my legal wife, you own and have every right over 50% of my assets." Damien said, stroking his fingers back and forth her spine. My hands clench.

"You remember about our prenup agreement, right?" Zaria replied, giving him the paperwork back.

"We've already broke many rules, let's break this one too. Because there's no way you're ever going away from me," He snaked his hand under her dress. "And besides,I'd give the world to you if you ask."

I didn't realise how hard I was biting my inner cheeks until I could taste my blood in my mouth.

He kissed her lips and started moving his hand under her skirt. She wore a houndstooth pattern grey blazer with white turtle neck top inside and a black circle mini skirt. I don't need the brain of Albert Einstein to understand something as simple as what he is doing down there.

It spikes my anger more.

The fire that I have become is dangerous, I don't even recognise my own self anymore.

Zaria didn't see me but my so-called brother noticed me looking at them. He didn't pull away, he kissed her even harder as if to spite me. She moaned in his mouth.

My heart has been broken each time, every second of the day when she is not with me.

I have crossed miles and fought with death to save Thora, to bring her back when he took her away from me. I have endured sufferings and battles to get to her, only to find her in the arms of Helios, happily singing to him.

I'd be damned if I let that happen again. Zaria doesn't have any idea about what Damien did, she doesn't know his true intention and I need to tell her the truth about their marriage.

I start walking down the hallway with fast and heavy steps. I see the door of the study room and pace towards it but my body is dragged away by Cade's arm. He pushes me outside the wall window and I fall on the ground in the backyard.

"Stay the fuck away." Cade warned looking down at me, snapping his fingers at me.

He had kept me away from the wedding most of the time. If not with words of threats, then by locking me up.

"And who are you to power me ?" I asked humorlessly, dusting off the dirt but still sitting on the ground.

"You better never find out." His deep voice is challenging and intimidating.