Ch. 24 || Beautiful

Zaria 🌹

Evelyn fell dramatically over the mattress on the bed. Cora and Caroline held their jaws open for a straight minute.

"So, you're telling me that you got to kiss two hot brothers and you are marrying one of them? How does it feel to be god's favourite?" Evelyn still couldn't believe it.

I'm standing in front of the vanity table, looking in the mirror as I adjust my white Chanel top with a matching short skirt. Edges of my hair are still wet after the shower.

My friends already got ready for breakfast downstairs. Now that Damien knows about the kiss, it was safe to tell my friends. I hadn't told them earlier because I didn't want to risk Damien hearing this from someone else. That'd have made the situation a little more complicated and uncomfortable.

"Oh my God! Zaria, do you like the blonde guy, Lucien?" Caroline asked out of curiosity.

"Bitch, my taste in men is better than that." I remarked and they all giggled.

If I'm being entirely honest, Lucien does have the charm. He is tall, handsome, blonde hair that looks like gold and skin like diamonds, and is extremely rich.

The only thing he lacks is basic manners. The biggest red flag. Just because he dresses nice, doesn't make him a gentleman.

"We can see by the one you are marrying." Caroline smirked.

"Girl, I'm so fricking jealous of you." Evelyn said dreamily. I'd rather run up into the mountains and never be found again than face Lucien for the entirety of my life.

Evelyn is married and she's in an open relationship with her husband but only she gets to explore other options. Even her fantasy books are mostly reverse harem. I never asked why that and what's the point or whatever. It's their relationship and as a friend, I respect her privacy and decisions.

"Come on girls, let's get to breakfast." I said and all of us started towards the dining room downstairs.

This villa is straight out of the Pinterest old-money houses and big enough that any new person can get lost easily. Thank goodness Mrs. Wick gave us a tour and told us what to do in case we got lost.

High white paneled walls, ivory furnished and golden chandeliers. Even the air is so fresh and pure, major and welcome difference from the city air.

We walked into the dining room. Not everyone is here, but I see Damien and Cade by the large open windows talking to an unfamiliar man who's back is facing me.

Damien is as usual dressed in a tailored black suit and Cade in a casual t-shirt, flexing his patch of tattoos on the entire big arms.

Cora, Evelyn and Caroline take their seats, I start to occupy mine when Cade, Damien and the other man notices our arrival. All three of them looked at us but my gaze settled on the unknown man.

He looked young, almost my age. Dark short curly hairs and gray doe eyes, broad shoulders. He looked back at me with something upsetting in his eyes. Like, he is showing sympathy or guilt.

My gut feeling told me that I know this man but that can't be possible. I have never seen this guy before in my life. There is just something really familiar about those eyes.