Part Twenty-Four

Reader pov

"You said you wanted to talk, Sensei," I asked, feigning calm. In reality I'm freaking out. I can barely contain my shaking and the racing thoughts. 

Aizawa slowly got up from his desk. "Yes, follow me," He replied coolly. I followed after the tall teacher. I have a sneaking suspicion that I know what this is about. 

Aizawa opened the door to an empty lounge, closing the door after me. "Please, sit down." I did as I was asked, fiddling with me fingers as I waited an explanation. I can hardly wait any longer, the anxiety is bubbling inside me. 

I hesitated before speaking up. "Is this about my mother," I had asked, peaking up from behind my hair. 

Aizawa Sensei scoffed. "She can hardly be called that," He snarled at the thought of the woman. "A mother would care for her daughter, regardless of the circumstances." I smiled at the pure emotion on the usually stoic teacher's face. He really does care for his students. The man realized what he had said and quickly cover it with a cough. "Anyway, we have important matters to discuss."

"Yes," I agreed, nodding my head. "I assume something has gone wrong with the guardianship process?"

The tired teacher nodded his head, sipping some coffee. When did he get coffee? "Your current guardian no longer seems to wish to get rid of you." He winces at his wording and corrects himself. "I gather she feels the need to prove herself as a "good mother" even after all she has done. Rather selfish of her if you ask me."

I frowned down at the floor. I already knew she didn't want me, so why does it sting so much to hear this? "Is there anything I can do to help the case? Surely they take the child's opinion into consideration."

"Yes," Aizawa nodded, "However the judges don't like heroes becoming parents very often. Since our jobs are so dangerous they are a little cautious leaving a child in our care. I fear the judge will side with the biological mother in this case. Especially since I'm an underground hero, not to mention the judge could be homophobic if we get unlucky."

I gasped in offense. "But Sensei! You're an outstanding father figure to our class already! Not to mention how much effort you put into keeping us safe! The judge should at least consider that much and more when thinking of putting me in your care," I fumed. It just isn't fair how some people can't see how amazing Aizawa Sensei is. 

"All that matters to me is that you get out of that "mother's" care as soon as possible. If that means we risk getting you put with someone other than me, I want you to pick that option."

"What!? That's not going to happen," I declared loudly. "I don't care how long it takes, I refuse to go to someone I can't trust!"

"Y/n please, promise me you'll do everything you can to get out of there as soon as possible." I glared at the teacher, crossing my arms and pouting. "Y/n, it's for your own well being."

I glared even harder, determined to refuse to the end. "I've already been betrayed by someone I thought I could trust. You really think I'll trust some stranger to become my guardian?"