Part Nineteen

Reader pov

After finishing the first stage of the exam I sat with Tsu and watched her talk with the rest of our group. The exam is almost over and most of our classmates aren't in here yet. I'm really worried, but I have to stay confident in my friends. Slowly but surely our classmates start passing the round when the last ten or so spots were filled by the remaining students in my class.

I congratulated Deku, Iida, Todoroki and Uraraka while we waited for the next round to start up. "The final round is about to begin," Mera drawled, muttering something about a nap. Shortly after, the TV shows explosions from the arena. "Villains have attacked the city. Civilians of unknown quantities are in danger. You heroes will be sent out to help the civilians until backup arrives."

The walls fell away and we were released. "We need a plan, kero." 

"I agree," Midoriya replied. "I think we should split into groups and go to areas that best suit our quirks. And we should work with other schools if needed."

"In that case," Tsu said, "I'm going to the river. I'll be great help there, kero."

"I can help a lot of places, which one would be best," I asked my broccoli companion. 

"We'll have a lot of help here in the town, go with As-Tsu," He answered, correcting himself. 

"Roger that! Good luck Mido!" I ran off after Tsu to help in whatever way I can. When I get there, I see a kid flouting down the river. I remembered some research I had done on animals best suited for river environments and picked my least threatening one. I turned into a boykin spaniel, a breed of dog, and rushed in after the boy. 

I quickly swam up to him and used my body to carefully push him out of the water. I shifted back and checked for any noticeable injuries. "Hey kid, I'm a pro hero. My name is H/n, I'm here to help you. Can you tell me if anything hurts?"

"M-my h-head hurts," The kid answered. 

"Okay, I'm going to take you over to the first aid and they're going to check you out for any injuries. Everything is going to be okay," I comforted before I got an idea. "What's your favorite animal?"

"Huh," The kid looked at me confused and smiled. "I like pandas!"

"Alright, let me show you a trick." I morphed into a panda, the kids eyes lighting up. 

"Wow! Your quirk is amazing!"

I turned back into a human and helped the kid to the first aid area, reassuring him the whole way over. "How bad are the injuries," Some kid from another school asked. 

"No visible injuries, he's cold from being in the river, said his head hurts," I replied dutifully. 

The student nodded and pointed to a sectioned off area. "Take him over there and let the heroes there handle the rest. I nodded and carried the kid over before turning into a bald eagle, a bird with the best distance eyesight out of the eagle family, and took to the sky, looking for more people to rescue.