A Sweet Victory

The giant beast made of pure marshmallow stomped through the village looking down at all the trolls running and screaming for their lives. "Well there's something you don't see every day" Branch said. "I'm so sorry guys. I let you down" Cooper said looking sadly at the ground. Guy went over and patted his back. "It's alright, Cooper. Let's just focus on how to stop this thing. Any ideas" Guy said looking towards the group. "Sorry, it's hard to think when scared beyond capacity for rational thought" Biggie said trembling a little.

The marshmallow monster eventually turned its gaze over to the four trolls and let our huge roar. "Uh oh" Cooper said. "I think he spotted us" Guy said. The monster begins walking over to the mountain, knocking over trees and kicking anything in the way. "Ok everyone, proton wands. Roast him on the count of three. 1, 2, 3, ROAST HIM!!!" Guy shouted. They fired their proton streams at the monster, who growled in pain.

The monster was now on fire but still wasn't down. The fire reached up to the top making everyone back up. The four trolls ran further away from the edge where the monster was climbing. "Funny for us to go out like this. Killed by a giant marshmallow. This isn't how I pictured my death" Guy said. "I have an idea! Let's just eat him" Cooper said. "No, that's dumb and impossible. The proton streams aren't doing much, we need something stronger" Branch said.

Biggie looked over at the fortress and saw the gate at the top. "I have a radical idea. The door of the gate swings both ways so we can reverse the particle flow through the gate. But, we're gonna have to cross the streams" Biggie said sadly. "Wait you said that was bad, you said if we do that then every atom in our body will explode" Branch said. "I did, but there is a very very very slim chance we will make it out alive" Biggie said. Everyone looked at each other giving looks of worry and hope. "Ok, let's do it" Branch said. "Yeah, even though the chances are slim we gotta do it. For the village, and for Poppy and Harper" Guy said.

Everyone stood up and stared running over to fortress steps. The marshmallow monster was almost up the mountain, fire covering his body. The trolls pulled out they're proton wands and activated them. Branch looked over at Guy and turned his direction. "Guy, I'm sorry" He said. Guy looked at him confused. "For what?" He asked. Branch took a moment before answering. "For abandoning you, for leaving without a word. After my grandma died, I lost the only family I had left. I was so sad and mad that I just ditched this life and just wanted to be alone. You were the only friend I had, the only one who understood me. Thank you for everything" Branch said honestly.

A warm smile grew on Guy's face, hearing his friend's apology. "It's ok, Branch. I'm just glad you came back" Guy said. Branch smiled back and then looked back at the gate. "See you on the other side, Ghost Buddy" Branch said as he blasted his proton stream. Guy chuckled at Branch remembering the nickname he came up with a while ago. "Right back at ya" Guy said firing his stream. "It's been an honor working with you all" Biggie said firing his stream as well. "I love this job, and love you guys!" Cooper shouted.

Everyone had their streams fired at the gate. Slowly they started to tangle their streams with each others. Meanwhile behind them, the marshmallow monster finally reached the top. The streams surged with so much energy, and eventually it destroyed the gate causing it to explode. Everyone took for cover as the explosion and melted the monster to its misfortune. The top of the mountain blew up in a fire blaze and the storms above settled down.

There was silence, nothing but the sound rubble falling. It looked like the team of paranormal exterminators didn't make it. Until something started to move from underneath the debris. Branch who was covered hair to toe with marshmallow stood up on his feet. He wiped his face and shook off some of the marshmallow. "I'm alive, I'm alive. Hello! Hello, is anyone ok. Can anyone hear me?" Branch called out. Just then he saw something move beside him. It was Guy, and he wiped off the marshmallow from his eyes. "Branch?" He asked making sure it was him. Branch was so happy to see his friend alive, he walked up to and hugged him. Guy smiles and hugged back. "Oh are we having a hugging moment, mind if I join?" Biggie said walking up to them and hugging them. "Me too!" Cooper said running up to the group and getting more marshmallow on everyone.

Branch sighed in annoyance, but then he quickly remembered something. "Poppy!" He yelled. He looked at the fortress and saw the demon dogs were turned to stone. "Oh no" Guy said covering his mouth in shock. "No, no, no, no! Poppy!" Branch said running up to the zuul dog. He touched the cold rock statue and looked at with so much sadness in his eyes. "I'm so sorry" He whispered. The other trolls looked away unable to look at the heartbreaking scene.

Then all of a sudden, a faint cracking noise was heard. The noise got louder and they noticed it was coming from the vinz dog. A hand broke out of the statue and voice could be heard. "Help! Help! I can't see, who turned out the lights?!" Harper yelled in fear. "Harper! Harper we got you, don't worry!" Guy shouted. They started pulling off all the stone pieces until Harper was free. "Oh, oh gosh. I had the craziest afternoon. Hey it's you, the uh um the-" Harper was cut off by Guy. "We're the Ghostbusters" Guy said correcting her. "Oh that's right" Harper said smiling. "Guys, if Harper is alive, then we can still get Poppy out" Branch said. They all came over to the statue and started pulling of the stone pieces one by one, slowly starting to reveal Poppy.

When they were finished, they found an unconscious Poppy inside. Branch laid her down trying to wake her up. "Poppy? Please wake up" Branch said hoping she'd awaken. A big yawn came out of Poppy's mouth and slowly opened her eyes. "Oh Branch, hi. Hehe" Poppy said blushing at how close he was. It suddenly hit her that she was attacked by a demonic dog earlier and she sat right up. "What happened! Where are we?" Poppy asked. "You were possessed by one of the pets of Gozer the Gozerian. You and Harper actually. Don't worry we were able to stop the situation before anyone else got hurt" Biggie explained. "Oh thank troll" She said getting up.

Branch gently took Poppy's hands. "Poppy, I have something to tell you" He said. "What is it, Branch?" Poppy asked. "I don't know how to say this but first of all I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you after I promised and second, seeing you in this kind of danger has made me realize how much you really mean to me" Branch said. "Really?" Poppy asked. "Yes really. The truth is I think you're an amazing person, even though you can have your annoying moments I enjoy how caring and sweet you can be. I know it's very unlikely you feel the same way I do, because I see you as more than a friend. And I don't mean best friends" Branch said slightly looking away.

Poppy realized what he was trying to say and she smiled. "Actually Branch, it's very likely. Because I do too" she said blushing. Branch looked back into her eyes and chuckled a little. He started leaning closer toward her, while moving his hands to her waist. Poppy moved her hands to Branch's shoulders and leaned in with him. They stopped when both their lips met in a sweet loving kiss. After a minute in a half they pulled away panting looking into each other's eyes. "I don't mean to ruin this beautiful moment but I think it's about time we head back" Guy said. Poppy took one of Branch's hands and walked over to the others. Cooper looked at his friends and then looked at troll village in the distance, his smile growing hugely. "I Love This Village!!!" Cooper yelled.

A few minutes later everyone got down from the mountain and found the whole village of trolls cheering for them. "Ghostbusters! Ghostbusters! Ghostbusters! Ghostbusters!" They chanted over and over again. King Peppy came up to Poppy hugging her. "Thank you boys so much. You've saved us all" He said gratefully. "Just doing our job, your highness" Branch said. "Alright boys, let's pack it up and head back to the station. Afterwards we can all go out for dinner and celebrate" Guy said walking over to the ecto caterpillar. Branch turned his attention to Poppy who did the same. "So I guess I'll see you around" Branch said smiling. Poppy smiled back and kissed his cheek. "Definitely, my hero" Poppy said walking away. Branch heard a loud honking noise at turned to see Guy and the others in the car. "I'm coming!" He said hurrying over to the car.