✨ 1st day

Abhimaan pov

Abhimaan pov

“I adopted them three and two years ago, respectively. This is the last time I am saying they are adopted. They are mine; I am their mom. I can’t live without my babies,” my wife said, tears brimming in her hazel eyes. Now, I am not only a husband but a father of two.

Ab to koi chance nahi dikh raha hai mujhe mere khud ke baccho ka.

“Abhi, please, I can’t live without them. Let them stay with me,” for the very first time, she called my name. The way my name rolled out of her mouth and gave my ears a longing peace—if this wasn’t an emotional moment, I would have kissed her.

I am not a cruel man; how can I separate a mother from her child? No, they are now my kids too. “Shravya, please don’t request like this. I will never separate you from your babies,” I assured her. Listening to my words, she gave me a cheeky smile.

“Thank you, Mr. Maheshwari,” she said with a beautiful smile. “No need, Mrs. Maheshwari,” I replied to her.

“How old are they?” I asked her. Enjoying her chocolate, she questioned, “Who?” not getting my words. “Your babies,” I replied.

“Oh, my babies,” she remarked with an ear-to-ear smile. I could sense she loved them a lot. In these days, I’ve noticed that she blabbers only within her comfort circle, and for now, I think she is getting comfortable around me.

“Isabella will turn four on this Christmas Eve, and my Shibu turned two last month only,” she said with full enthusiasm and love, speaking her heart out while savouring her Cadbury. Kids are so small; how does she manage everything? She might be facing a lot. No more, now I’ll support her.

“Isabella is a little bit naughty, whereas Shibu is very quiet and calm,” her hazel orbs were shining. While she was busy telling me about her babies, I asked, “Where are they now?”

“Isabella is with my mom right now, and Shibu is in Delhi,” she said with a yawn. I glanced at my smartwatch; it shows 2 am. It’s quite late now; we should rest.

“Let’s sleep now; it’s quite late,” I said to her. She went towards the bed without any argument; I was shocked with this sudden change in her behavior. No, she hasn't changed. She took a pillow and a comforter and came back to the couch. “Mr. Maheshwari, you can take your bed now, and thank you for everything. I’ll take the couch,” she announced. I can’t let her sleep on this couch.

“You can sleep on the bed; I’ll sleep here,” I said. “Please, Mr. Maheshwari, try to understand me. You should sleep comfortably on your bed; I am not liking the idea of disturbing anyone’s sleep,” she insisted, sounding a bit annoyed.