Chapter 13

Opening the laptop, Meerab was doing something with deep attention. It was time for Murtasim to come home from the office but she was so busy that she didn't notice. From outside the room, Murtasim was calling Meerab. Meerab quickly turned off the laptop and walked towards the door with her mobile phone in her hand. Seeing Murtasim, she said,
"Ha bolo."

Murtasim stopped while he was about to say something. Meerab was looking at him. She could not understand why he went silent while saying something.

Did she say something wrong in a hurry?
Something secret !!!?

But looking at Murtasim's face, it didn't look like that to her.

If she had said something wrong, Murtasim's eyes would not have been so soft. She said, "Kuch bol kyu nhi rahe hai aap? Did I say something wrong? Mujhe kuch samajh mai nhi arahai hai."

Holding her hands, Murtasim pulled her towards him and she fell on his chest. As soon as he grabbed her waist, she was trying to stand up straight. As he grabbed her tightly, her hands rested on his chest.

There was a different kind of intoxication in Murtasim's eyes today which Meerab understood and looked down. Nowadays she has a different feeling towards Murtasim. When Murtasim comes near her, she can't handle herself. When Murtasim touches her, something happens to her.

"Tumhare mu se 'Tum' bohot mitha lagta hai sunne mai."

Murtasim said and Meerab looked at him in surprise. When did she say him 'Tum'?

"Maine apko kaab tum kaha?" Meerab asked.

"Just now. Tumne kaha na 'Ha bolo'." Murtasim said.

Meerab stared at him with wide eyes. She may have said it carelessly and Murtasim must not be lying.

"I don't know. Maybe I said it somehow." Meerab said.

"Aab se tum mujhe tum kehkar bologi."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"I don't know but I can't."

Murtasim went very close to her and she was gasping for breath. Closing her eyes, she was breathing heavily. He rubbed his nose against her nose and said, "Tum nhi kahugi?"

Meerab was lost in the warmth of Murtasim's breath. She swallowed and said, "Bolungi! Thora time dijiye."

Murtasim gently pecked her lips and let her go. Meerab quickly turned around, took a deep breath with her hands on her chest, and swallowed frequently. She was realizing very well that Murtasim was overwhelming her day by day. She ran out of the room without looking at Murtasim and seeing her running away, Murtasim laughed. Meerab went downstairs and stood by the lawn. Touching her lips, she said to herself,

"What's going on?
He came so close to me but why am I not angry?

Why am I taking it normally???

No!!!

Not normally!!!

I'm taking it well!!!

I'm taking it in a good feeling!!!

What's wrong with me???

I have to keep my distance from Murtasim. I can't forget what am I here for."

Maghrib Azan was being recited. Light darkness descended upon the earth. After a while, the darkness will come down and the world will be filled with darkness.

Anita was standing on the bridge. Whenever she feels very alone and upset, she comes here and stands.
Open sky above the head!!
Water and water under her feet!! Reckless wind!!
Her messy hair!!
All in all, she feels free here. She feels free from all sorrows and troubles.
She breathes deeply here.