57. Leo

Leo's POV

I was sick for the first three days of being at King's house. Most of the first day I spent sleeping, but each time I woke up, King was there, watching TV or playing on his phone. It made me feel reassured and grateful for having him in my life. I couldn't think of the last time I was so sick, but having King take care of me made it more bearable.

I woke on the fourth day to find my fever gone, and my arms felt slightly better, but watching King sleep made everything fade. He looked so handsome while sleeping, I couldn't resist touching his cheek to see if he was real.

His eyes twitched, making me pull away, but a smile lit up his face. "Don't stop, now," he mumbled, scooting his face closer, but instead, I leaned forward to kiss him. He stiffened briefly before melting into it, humming in delight.

"Awe, that's so cute," a female's voice startled me.

I pushed myself away with a gasp, and King shot up. "Olivia! Get the fuck out of my room!"

The woman was sitting in King's chair on the other side of the room with a leg crossed over the other and a hand propped under her chin. Her smirk looked intrigued as she looked between us. "Damn, baby. You're so mean to me. I was enjoying the show." I couldn't help but look between the two until I realized she was now looking right at me. "Don't worry, sunshine. I won't bite..., unless you want me to." She winked, making my eyes widen and my face heat up. "Damn, you two look hot together."

"Get out, you damn creep!" King growled again, throwing a pillow at her.

She caught it before it hit her face and howled in amusement. "Okay, okay. But Uncle needs to see you both, so it's time to get out of bed." She dropped the pillow and hopped out of the room with a smile.

"Who was that?" I asked as soon as the door closed. I could feel my nerves going haywire and my heart pounding in my chest. Were they..., seeing each other? Why did she call him baby like that?

King sighed as he flopped back down on the bed. "That would be Olivia. She's... one of my uncle's coworkers."

That pause didn't help my wandering thoughts as my fits clenched the blanket. "Are you two..., like... a thing or something?" I asked as my head dropped. Of course, he moved on while I was gone, and I have no right to feel this way about it.

"EW! Hell no! She's just a prev. Come on, we should get ready and see what he wants." King looked over at me before sitting up. "Don't even let your mind go there, Leo."

He kissed my cheek, and I couldn't stop myself from turning my head and kissing him again. His hand came up and wrapped around the side of my neck gently. I turned more toward him, and the kiss heated when his tongue brushed against mine.

"I could watch this all day," Olivia's voice broke our spell again.

King growled as he grabbed something from the nightstand and whipped it at the door, making me jump. "Damn it, Olivia! Get out!"

She had the door closed before she could get hit by whatever King threw at her, but I could hear her roaring in laughter on the other side. I started to smile before I heard her yelling down the hall. "Yeah, they were still making out. You owe me a hundred bucks."

My body stiffened at the words.

"Well, now they all know what was going on." King smiled as he dropped his head on my shoulder. "Let's go before she tries sneaking back in. Remind me to get a better lock for that door."

"Is... is that okay? Are we going to be okay?" I pulled away from him as my hands began shaking. They knew we were kissing in here. What if his uncle kicked us both out of the house? What if he kicked down the door to drag us out of here? "Is your uncle going to come in here?" I couldn't help freaking out as I threw the blanket off me, ready to bolt.