35. Leo (TW)

This chapter contains abuse.

Leo's POV

He punched everywhere he could on and around my back, but my dad wasn't able to hit as hard as usual since he was so drunk. I could feel the difference.

Trying to stop him, I was able to turn around and try to grab his wrists as we started to wrestle each other. I tried desperately to throw him off as he slammed me into the ground, hurting my back and chest even more.

I used his drunken state against him and was finally able to roll him off me as I pushed him out of the way. He hit his head on the side of my bed frame, hard, as I jumped up, but I didn't stop as I ran out the front door, slamming it shut on my way out, not stopping until I was out of the yard and across the street. I turned around and covered my mouth, holding in a scream, expecting him to be right there behind me.

Once I released he wasn't, I turned around and walked as fast as I could down one of the side alleys trying to remember what street King asked me how to get to the first day we met a few months ago. I didn't want to go back inside that house, but I didn't know where else to go. I just wanted to feel safe again, and King was the only one I could think of at the time as I walked faster in the same direction I remembered pointed him in.

✩✩✩

I walked down one of the streets close to the road he asked about before I could feel a group of older guys watching me, making me uncomfortable as I turned down WaterRun. Hugging myself, feeling exposed for some reason, I looked over my shoulder to see the group of 4 people crossing the street, walking my way, so I hurried my pace. I didn't know what house was King's, so instead, I looked all over for Kiki's blacked-out car.

As I turned around again to search for her car, I was pushed to the ground by someone in front of me next to a small abandoned park.

"Well, who do we have here?" The man that pushed me down said as he smiled down at me. He had on a gray hat and an oversized blue hoodie.

"Looks like a little bug to me," someone else said as the 4 other guys behind me caught up.

"What the hell do you want at this side of town, little bug?" The man who pushed me down asked as they crowded around me, circling me in.

"I- I was looking for a friend," I told them, looking between them all, trembling in fear again.

"Who would this friend be? Maybe we can help you instead," another one asked with a smile as he crouched down next to me and touched my hair like he was going to grab it. It made me jump away from him quickly and into another man's legs that stood too close. It made them laugh.

"It looks like he already had a beating today, guys," the one in front of me said as they all stepped closer.

"Maybe he deserves another one for walking on our street," another said.

"P- please, I'm- I'm just looking for a friend. He- he said he lived on this street. I d- don't want any trouble," I shook out, scared they would beat me worse than my father.

"I don't know if I believe him, guys. Who on this block would ever be friends with a pussy like this kid?" The man crouching on the ground said as he leaned over closer. "A pussy either gets fucked or fucked up. Which one do you want, pretty boy?" He asked me with a sickening smile as he played with my hair.

"Get the fuck away from him before I kill you!" I heard someone yell as they all jumped around.

I could see King and Kiki standing on the other side of the park as I looked between their legs.

He looked at me as he started walking quickly, and his eyes widened as he got closer while the guys standing around me stepped out of his way.

"Sorry, King. We didn't know he was-" the man that pushed me down started, but his words were cut off when King grabbed his hoodie and yanked him close.

"Did you fucken hit him?" He asked as he pulled him just inches away from his nose.

"N- no. No, I swear. He just showed up like that. We didn't touch him," he told King with his hands up close to his face with a tremble.

I looked down and saw a big gun handle sticking out of the man's waistband the more King pulled up his hoodie to get the man closer since King was taller than him. My eyes widened as a whole new fear ran through me.

"Then why the hell is he on the ground with a swallow eye? You really think I was born yesterday, James?" He hissed at the man.

Kiki walked over to me and crouched down as she gently moved my face around to see the damage. "Are you okay, Leo? Did these guys touch you?" She asked me as everyone looked over at me.

"I told you-," the man started to say, but King made a sound, almost like a growl, to shut him up.

"You say one more fucking word, and I'll punch you right where you stand," he threatened, making all of them jump.

"It's okay, Leo. They won't do anything to you again," Kiki said. "What happened?"

"They... they didn't hit me," I told her, and King pushed the man away, making him stumble back.

King walked over and pulled me up off the ground and into a hug like an animal protecting its young. "Any of you fucks mess with Leo again, and you'll be dealing with me. Understood?" He yelled at them as I held him tightly, finally feeling safe for the first time in hours but couldn't stop shaking.

"Understood," they all said at once and scrambled off.

King pulled me away and lifted my head underneath my chin gently. I could see the pity in his eyes as he looked over my face.

"Fuck. Who did this to you, Leo? What the hell happened?" He asked in an angry tone.

Maybe I shouldn't have come here. I mean, look at me. He's been babysitting me all week, and the one time he gets a break without having to help me or rush back to help me, I show up unexpectedly, looking like this. I've been nothing but a burden for him this whole time. A weak, pathetic pussy, like those guys said.

"I- I'm-," I covered my face, not able to hold it back anymore. I didn't want them to see me break down, but I couldn't stop it any longer. "I'm s- so sorry. I- I can't-," I tried to say and started to hiccup while trying to breathe through my hysterical sobbing. "I'm such a coward a- and a b- burden on everyone. I can't d- do anything right. I'm a waste, a p- pathetic price of shit who-,"

"Leo, stop right now!" King yelled, making me jump. "It's okay. You're okay. Calm down. It's okay," King said as he pulled me into his chest. I grabbed his shirt and just started to let it out.

.

.

.

Don't forget to leave a like! Thank you for reading!