47. Leo

Leo's POV

My head was pounding before I even opened my eyes. Light from the sun hitting my face. I just wanted to go back to sleep, so I pulled the covers over my face. The feel of the fabric over my bare skin made my eyes pop open. They burned, and I had to blink away the thick blurry dryness, only for a ceiling fan to come into view.

My room didn't have a fan, was my first thought before sitting up in a panic. Where was I? Why was I here?

Something pulled on the blanket, making me nearly jump from the bed as I looked to see who it was. My heart stopped, dropping into my stomach at not what I saw but who I saw in the bed with me. Jess.

I grabbed my hair in a panic and closed my eyes. What the hell happened last night? Why was I naked in some strange room with Jess? What did I do? I started to freak out. The night was so fuzzy after taking that last shot in the kitchen before we started dancing. I remember James coming over to me. His girlfriend and Jess danced together..., What was he saying to me?

Kissing..., I was kissing someone, but who? Clothes coming off, touching, moving..., Was all that with Jess? Oh no! What did I do?

"Leo," Jess's voice whispered from behind me.

My heart was beating so fast that I froze. My hands tangled in my hair which I'm sure was a mess. Slowly I tried swallowing the lump in my throat and looked over to see Jess start to sit up. Holding the blanket over herself, I could see her shoulders were bare.

"Are you... okay?" She asked while looking down to play with her fingers.

"Did I... Did we...?" I stumbled over my words, and my voice shook. I gave up trying to hide it as my face burned. I couldn't even look at her.

"Is that okay?" she asked, and I could hear the worry in her voice as she pulled the blanket around herself more. "I mean, I don't remember much of what happened, and it seems you don't either, but I-"

"I need to go," I told her, moving to the side of the bed to find our clothes scattered between the bed and the door. Thankfully my boxers were just off the bed, so I pulled them up as I got off. My hands trembled. I couldn't believe this was happening right now.

"My car is just outside. I'll give you a ride if you hand me my clothes."

She sounded so disappointed as I threw my pants on. It broke my heart because she was my only friend, and I messed up everything. Why did I do that? Why do I keep fucking up everything?

I turned around, sighing at myself. "I'm gay." I vomited out to her, too much of a coward to look her in the eye. "It's not you, Jess. I never should have..., I like King. I've always liked him." A tear slipped down my cheek as I looked at the floor. "I like him so much it hurts when I'm not with him, but I messed it up, just like I messed up our relationship last night. I'm sorry. I'm so fucken sorry." I wiped my eyes with my hands, fearing she'd start calling me names now that she knew the truth. Flashbacks of what our classmates did flood my mind when I covered my face behind my hands.

"I... I didn't know," Jess said, moving closer to the edge of the bed. "It's okay. I'm not..., I mean, it kinda hurts to hear that after we..., you know, but I'm not mad at you. I guess I should have seen that sooner."

This was so horrible. I couldn't even wrap my head around the whole situation. I just sat down on the edge of the bed, not knowing what to do or say. We were quiet for way too long.

"We just woke up naked together. It's not a big deal," Jess finally said, making me look over my shoulder at her. "Between the alcohol and dancing. I was burning up, and I remember you were too. How could someone sleep when it's so hot in here?"