29. Leo (TW)

Trigger Warning for bullying and gay slander

Leo's POV

I didn't hear from King the next day, and I didn't call him either. I didn't know what to say to him after we kissed like that, the broken window in Kiki's car, and my freak out.

Too much was going on at once in my head.

It felt good to kiss him. I didn't want to stop at that moment, and it confused me. What is wrong with me? He probably thought I was gay, but I wasn't. So, why did I like it so much?

Monday came too fast as I started walking into the school gate. I didn't know how I was going to face King now. That was so stupid. I shouldn't have done that with him.

But when I looked around, trying to clear my thoughts, something felt off as everyone whispered and laughed around me. They all avoided eye contact with me, and I suddenly felt nervous.

I waved at the same group of girls I always waved to in the morning, and they smiled and laughed at each other, which they always did, but this felt different as they walked passed without waving back. I didn't like the feeling that turned my stomach.

I walked into class as everyone was in a group looking at something on a phone, but once they saw me, they all broke apart and stopped talking. What the hell was going on with everyone?

Thankfully the teacher walked in, but King wasn't in class yet. I hope he was okay. King said he was coming back today. Maybe he was avoiding me. I wouldn't blame him if he was. I would have skipped today too, but I've already missed too much school this year, and I had all of King's work he left at my house after everything happened.

The teacher started the history lesson after the bell rang. I started taking notes while feeling everyone's eyes still on me.

I couldn't concentrate on anything, so I looked out the window. As soon as I looked that way, something hit my hand, making me look down to see a note. I looked around, but everyone was looking forward again.

My hands started to shake as I looked at the note. I didn't want to look at it, but I slowly started opening the letter.

Without moving my head, I scanned around again with just my eyes to see a few people looking or covering their mouths, hiding their smiles. I looked back down to open the note all the way and froze.

It was a drawing of dicks all over the paper with hearts squirting out the top, and right in the middle, in big letters, was the word FAGGET. Underneath that said cock sucker, dick lover, and other things I didn't care to read. That was when everyone started busting out laughing.

The teacher turned around quickly. "What is going on?" she yelled, trying to get the class under control again. "Knock it off, or you will all be staying after class to clean."

They just kept laughing as I sank into my chair. I felt my face burning red, and tears started filling my eyes. They didn't stop as people started calling me names.

"What a fag."

"I can't believe I liked him."

"What a waste of my time."

More names just kept coming, and I couldn't take it anymore as I got up, leaving everything at my desk.

I started down the row of seats, heading to the door, but someone trapped me, and I fell on my hands and knees.

"Oh shit, he's ready for you boys!" one of the girls yelled over the teacher, who yelled at everyone to sit down and whatever else. I couldn't hear her over the words that cut through me like sharp knives.

I got up quickly and ran out of the class, jumping down the stairs. Tears were streaming down my face. How could they do that? What the hell did I do to deserve this?

I rounded the corner to leave the school but smacked into someone, making us both almost fall over.

"Leo! Hey, what's going on? Why were you running?" I looked up and saw King looking at me with worry.

"You! You..., you did this, didn't you?" I yelled through my sobbing.

He said something. He told everyone I kissed him. He told them all I was gay.

"Woah. Leo, calm down. What are you talking about? Did what?" King asked, looking confused as he grabbed my arm to stop me from leaving.

"I can't believe you. I thought..., I thought we were friends. You're just like everyone else. Don't ever come around me again!" I yelled in a shaking voice and ripped my arm out of his grip. "Don't touch me ever again!" I yelled at him and ran out the doors.

I ran all the way home, leaving everything in class, my backpack, books, notes, everything besides my keys that were thankfully in my pocket. I slammed the door shut and sank to the ground, crying hysterically.

My dad came running down the stairs soon after. "What the hell? Leo? What the fuck are you doing at home? You should be at school!" he yelled in anger at me.

I was crying so hard I couldn't answer him as he walked closer and grabbed my arm, pulling it hard away from my face and looking at me in anger. As he was just about to say something, the phone started ringing. As soon as he let me go to answer it, I bolted up the stairs into my mother's room because I knew he wouldn't dare hurt me there. I was safe next to her.

After a while of me crying to my sleeping mom, my dad came in. His voice was low but filled with anger. "You ran out of class because of a little bullying. You're so fucking pathetic." He shut the door and walked back downstairs while I just sat there and cried harder from his words.

I was pathetic, a waste of space. Everything he told me before was true.

I wished my mom would wake up to hug me and tell me everything was going to be okay. Tell me what to do. I curled into myself on the small rocking chair and sobbed to myself quietly to not wake her.

I must have passed out from all my crying because the next thing I knew, my dad was waking me up and telling me he was going to work, but tomorrow I was going back to school because he didn't give a shit about what someone was saying about me. He told me it was time to grow up and get over what people say.

.

.

.

Don't forget to like the chapter and follow me for more! Thank you for reading!

Poor Leo