12. King

King's POV

I felt like shit. Leo didn't deserve that at all. He's been nothing but nice to me and I hurt him for that. The way he yelled at me even though he was trembling on the ground, just made me feel like the worst person in the world. I've never felt so bad before in my life and somehow it felt like he slapped me in the face without even touching me.

I rubbed my head thinking about everything that happened, I just snapped at the thought of him using me as everyone else did. I wish I could blame it on someone else and say it was that kid's fault for pissing me in the first place but I couldn't. I was the one that hurt Leo, I scared the hell out of him because of my distrust of everyone. I lost control of this anger. But even after that he still came back and helped me.

If I wasn't in the middle of an English lesson I would have banged my head on the desk at my own stupidity. I needed to apologize before I punched another metal door.

As soon as the bell rang for the end of class I was going to walk over to him to ask if we could talk but a few of the girls were already asking him questions about the history lesson from this morning. So instead of standing around in the room, I walked outside and sat on the ground against the brick wall with my knees up in shame, waiting for him.

It took a little while for him to walk out with the same girls from class. "Thank you so much, Leo. See you tomorrow." They waved at him with huge love-sick smiles, making me roll my eyes. These girls try too hard.

As I got up and put my phone back in my pocket, I looked back at Leo who was no longer there. Looking around quickly, I saw him across the street and turning the corner at the last minute.

"Shit!" I ran across the street after him and around the corner. Looking around the fully crowded sidewalk, I saw his golden hair in front of me walking away. He brightly smiled and waved at everyone that passed by, so that was also a dead giveaway it was him.

I started to panic a little though. What should I say to him? How do I apologize for hurting someone like that? I've never cared to do it before. He really had me all messed up inside my head but I needed to make this right.

Just then he stopped and talked with an older lady before grabbing the bags out of her hands, and walking her across the street arm in arm. This kid really was too much. Honestly, who the hell is this nice of a person?

They walked together down the street a little longer before he handed the bags over to an older man who was standing outside of a shop next to a fresh fruit display.

I watched Leo smile at them both with his hands up like he was protesting something when the older man threw an apple at him anyway, which Leo almost dropped while trying to catch at the last minute, then waved his goodbye.

Walking farther up the street I forgot why I was even following him and became more interested in seeing what he would do next as he handed the apple to a younger lady who was on a ladder cleaning the windows of her shop.

She smiled down at him and waved her thanks with a smile as she bit into it before turning back to her cleaning again. He said something to her in return and before long he was off again.

He then walked another block and without warning, turned the corner and I lost him again. Picking up the pace I rounded the corner quickly.

"Hey, King!" Leo said standing in front of me.

I jumped back quickly before I ran him over completely. "Shit Leo!" I grabbed my chest because I felt like my heart stopped beating in that split second. "You scared the fuck out of me."

A big smile played on his lips as he looked at me. "What are you doing this way?"

"Oh. Well I was um," I started to panic. My mind was suddenly blank and I didn't know what to say as I rubbed the back of my neck. "Ugh, I honestly have no idea anymore. I was going to apologize, for earlier in the bathroom and couldn't really find the right words so I followed you while I was thinking." I vomited the words out. No point in lying to him and having him think I was some kind of a stalker.