28. Leo/King

Leo's POV

We walked over to the car as I looked up and down the street. No one was around as King stepped closer to see the damage. A huge cinder block was in the back seat surrounded by broken glass.

"Leo," King said as I stepped back from him.

I felt like we were being watched, but I didn't know from where. I started to tremble. Keeping my eyes on the shadows, I stepped back and looked around us. It felt like the darkness was starting to swallow me as I moved further away from King. I couldn't breathe while everything started spinning. It felt like someone was choking me.

Something grabbed my shoulder, making me jump around with a yelp.

"Fuck!" King startled. "You okay?"

"Y-yeah. S- sorry. I just felt like- I don't know. You s- scared me," I told him. I just wanted to get back inside. That inner voice was yelling danger, and I felt eyes on the back of my head.

"You're shaking like crazy, Leo. What's going on?" King asked, stepping closer.

"It's..., it's nothing," I lied, but he saw right through it. I could tell by the way he was looking at me.

"It's okay, Leo. Calm down. It was just some puke kids, and I know a guy who can get this fixed right away. Kiki won't be mad forever. I'm her favorite person," he laughed a little, trying to make light of the situation, but I didn't feel like laughing or joking around. I felt like a trapped animal as I panicked. I couldn't stop looking around.

It was HIM. I just knew it was. "This is... all my fault," I told him as tears started to form in my eyes. King stepped closer and rubbed my arms, trying to soothe my fear and hold me still, but that's when it dawned on me. He was watching us right now. He knew what happened inside, and that's why he did this. He was pissed off even more. I pulled away from King quickly. "I have to go."

"Leo, it's not your fault. It's okay, really. Everything will be-" he stopped and looked down the street behind me.

I froze in fear before forcing myself to turn around to find a shadow standing under the street light. My breath caught in my throat. It was him. It started moving towards us as I grabbed King's hand in a panic and pulled him towards the house. "It's..., it's him," I whispered, not taking my eyes off the shadow. Fear completely took over.

"Danny!" A female voice yelled next to us as I jumped high into King's arm before we looked over. A woman ran over to the shadowed man and jumped on him as he caught her in mid-air, and they started making out.

"Leo! Hey, calm down," I heard King say. I snapped out of it as I felt his hand touch my cheek.

I was sweating like crazy. My heart was pounding so fast it hurt. My breathing heavied again, but I got control before I went into a full-on panic attack. I didn't even realize I was holding King's hand as tight as I could until he squeezed his fingers around mine, getting my attention.

"Who is he?" He asked, looking at me as my eyes widened. "You said it was him and grabbed my hand shaking. What's going on, Leo? You're kinda freaking me out now. If someone is bothering you, you can tell me, and I can help you."

I started to back away with wide eyes as I shook my head. Did King know about that too? About what happened two years ago? No, he would have been disgusted with me if he did. We wouldn't have kissed if he knew. I didn't realize I was crying until I turned around and ran for the house.

King grabbed me before I got to the steps. "Wait, Leo, tell me, please," he started to beg as my sobbing started to take over. "I can help you."

"No. I- I can't." I told him. Pulling away, I started up the stairs before he stopped me again. I needed to get inside. I could feel his eyes on me. Feel his touch over my skin, his fingers in my hair back. It was all too real. I couldn't do this.

"Leo, please wait. We need to-,"

We heard a car door slam behind us. I yelled out in fear and pulled King's arm around me like he was the only thing keeping me alive. King jumped around to see who it was but kept me behind him in a protective way.

Kiki stood at the back of her car, looking at the window with a large man next to her.

"Fuck," King whispered under his breath and let me go rubbing his forehead. "Leo, wait here for a minute. I'll be right-," he started, but I quickly slammed the door shut, locking it tight before he could stop me.

King's POV

I looked back at the door and heard Leo lock it. He was so scared. Fuck. Kiki had the worst timing coming here.

I walked over to her quickly as she just looked at her car.

"Kiki, I can exp-," I started, but she just held her hand up. Silently telling me to shut up before snatching the keys out of my hand.

She didn't say a word as she got in and left.

I looked at Dom, who just shook his head, and we got into his car. He started driving as I pulled out my phone and called a man named Mason. Someone I knew would do anything for some extra cash but I could trust.

He answered quickly. "Hey, Mas. I need you to do something for me. Are you busy tonight?"

"No, man. What's up?"

"I need you to watch a house for me." I gave him Leo's address. "Call me if you see anything weird happening around the house, and I'll pay you 1k. Cash."

"Just to sit on a house? How long you need me to sit?"

"Just for tonight and maybe tomorrow night."

He agreed to it, and we hung up the phone.

"What happened with your boyfriend? Is he cool?" Dom asked me.

"He's not my boyfriend, and no. He was completely freaked out for some reason. I just have a weird feeling something's going on, but he's not telling me. I just want to make sure he's okay."

"Maybe your boy is cheating on you, and his other bitch found out and broke Kiki's window," he smiled with a chuckle.

"We aren't-, ugh. It's pointless talking to you," I said, letting him make his comments before we pulled up to the house.

I jumped out quickly and ran over to Kiki, stopping her before she got to the steps. "Kiki, listen, I'm sorry about the window. I'll get it fixed first-"

She pushed me away. "It's not about the fucking window, King! I could give a fuck less about a goddamn window right now!" She screamed. "Do you just forget about everyone else when it comes to the damn kid or what?"

"What did Leo ever do to you?"

"Nothing, I'm not blaming Leo for anything, but King, when it comes to that kid, you get your head so far up your own ass, you never stop to think about anything else. I get you feel for him a lot but fuck. You are constantly in the clouds. Always late. Always slacking off. I mean, look at you, King. Look what happened because you weren't focused, in a rush to get shit done to be with Leo, and almost got yourself killed. What the fuck ever happened to that gut feeling of yours? And poor Leo is going to be the one to suffer for it in the long run. You know what, I'll be the one to fucking say it because no one else has the balls to. Do both you and him a favor and let him the fuck go before you really hurt him. Or before you end up getting him or yourself killed."

I looked at her as my mouth opened to say something, but I didn't know what to say as she stumped up the stairs and slammed the door shut behind her.

I felt Dom walk up and pat my shoulder a few times before he also walked inside, leaving me alone, stunned by her words.

.

.

.

Don't forget to like this chapter and follow me for more!