23. King

King's POV

I opened my eyes quickly, hearing a beeping noise. Looking around the white room I was cold. Mainly my arm was cold as I looked down, finding an IV in my hand and my other arm in a sling.

I ripped the IV out as my body went into a panic and shivered from the cold ass room. What the hell happened?

Feeling the need to get out of here I started to panic, ripping off whatever wires were hooked to me as alarms started going off around me, and tried to sit up. The pain in my ribs kept me down as I fell back against the bed again.

Suddenly nurses ran into the room telling me to calm down followed by Kiki who pushed a nurse out of her way and hugged me closely.

It felt like a brick wall hit me when she did that but I hugged her back with my good arm still shaking like crazy.

"I leave the damn room for a minute to get some coffee and that's when you decide to wake up!" She yelled at me, angry and relieved all mixed, but didn't loosen her grab.

"Ma'am we need to check his vital signs and plug the moderators back in," one of the nurses tried to say but we ignored her.

"What happened?" I asked her as it all started coming back to me. My mind stopped on the last thing that guy said to me as I grabbed Kiki's shoulder with my good hand and pushed her back a little. "Leo. Where is Leo? Is he okay?"

She looked at me with a mix of hurt and confusion. "Are you kidding me? How about asking if I'm good, or Dom?" Her voice became a little shaken as tears started to form in her eyes. "You know, the ones who had to save your ass. What the hell does that puppy have to do with this?"

"I have to see him and make sure he's okay. And I-,"

She hit my shoulder making the pain rush across my whole body as I gasped sharply, cutting off my words. One of the nurses gave her a hard stare like she was about to say something while the other backed off a little like she didn't want to get caught in the middle.

"You're not going anywhere. You had a dislocated shoulder that's still bruised to shit and needs to heal and two broken ribs. The swelling went down in your face but you're still bruised up like crazy all over," she turned to the nurses again and nodded as they began trying to hook every back up on me around her.

"I'll be fine. I'm not staying here," I told her trying to stop the nurses from touching me.

"You are staying here until I know you're okay. Stop trying to stop her before I beat the hell out of you even more than you already are!" She snapped at me.

I sighed deeply and threw my head back knowing it wasn't worth the energy to try and fight with her like this. I'll just have to wait until she's gone to make my escape. I hated the hospital so bad and I needed to see Leo. If those pricks laid one finger on him, I swear I would kill every one of them with my bare hands.

"How long have I been here?" I asked, looking at the ceiling, showing her that I'd given up.

"Three days. It's Sunday night," she told me as my eyes widened.

"Three days!"

"Yup, now let them finish and we can talk when they're done."

I laid back trying not to completely freak out as I waited for the last nurse to leave after she was done checking me out and answered all her questions.

Leo must think I was avoiding him or something. It's not like anyone could tell him what happened to me and that damn kid broke my phone so I don't have his number anymore. I should have remembered it just in case something like this happened. That was so stupid of me.

"Kiki please go see if Leo is okay for me," I begged her as she sat next to my bed once we were alone.

"Why would something be wrong with Leo? Tell me and then I'll go see him tomorrow," she said with a sigh, finally giving in.

"He called me yesterday after those fucks took me and they saw his name pop up. Just before they pushed me into the water one said he would go visit Leo next. Before that, the same day you met him, we were walking back to his house and I saw someone watching us. I thought maybe it had something to do with that one guy that scared him but after this... What if it was those people instead?... What if they were following me, not Leo? I'm freaking out here Kiki. I just need to know that he's okay. Please, I'm begging you."

She looked down and rubbed her forehead, I could see the frustration in her body before she stood up again. "Fine. I'll go make sure the puppy is okay in the morning. It's too late to do anything tonight."

I leaned back again, feeling a small weight lift off my chest but it still felt like something was wrong. I just couldn't shake this feeling. What he said, his hand on my thigh to make sure I knew what he meant by his words. That sick fuck, if I even see him again I'll make sure he never has a chance to even see Leo's face.

"I thought you were gone, you know," Kiki said, breaking the silence in the room. I looked over at her as she looked at the ground, unmoving. "I've lost a lot of people growing up in this life King but losing you would have really fucked me up."

"Hey, I'm still here. Don't think like that," I told her. A tear slipped from her eye, she swiped it away quickly.

"I jumped in that water so fast... I was so scared but I'm so thankful Dom was there with me because when we pulled you out, you weren't breathing, King. Do you have any idea what that feels like? To see someone you love, your own family, laying there not moving, not breathing? Dom had to do CPR because for the first time I... I froze. I didn't know what to do."

I just looked down. I've never seen her cry before but it opened my eyes to how serious the situation could have been. "I'll be more careful and I'm sorry for going without you. Next time we'll go together. Okay?" I looked up and smiled but she didn't return it. "Thank you... for saving me."

"You should say that to Dom because he's the one who got you breathing again but you passed out right after that so he had to carry you to the car. I'll go see Leo tomorrow morning before he goes to school and let you know how he is going. Just try to get some more rest. They should be here soon to give you some pain meds."

"Thank you, Kiki."

.

.

.

Don't forget to like this chapter. Thank you for reading. follow me on here or on Instagram at kody.colors to get sneak peeks into the next chapters of my stories. I know chapters have been slow with this story but I will try to work on them more and posted for you.

I'm so happy King is okay and I hope Kiki finds Leo so he will know the truth about what happened to King.