33. King

King's POV

The next few days of school passed about the same as the first. Everyone was quiet when we walked in together. Leo didn't talk much. It just felt like his light was gone and that really bugged me because that was the best part about him. I did see it here and there after school, however, when I would stay the night after his father left. We continued sleeping in the same bed, which made me sleep much better, but I could tell Leo needed it more, and I would do anything to ensure he felt protected.

My uncle wasn't too happy about me never home since I wasn't doing any of my work, and Kiki did try to cover for me as much as she could, but he would get over it in time. Olivia hasn't found much on Charlie either, but what she did find was..., disturbing, to say the least.

Due to his father's wealth and diplomatic immunity over-sea, Charlie was never punished for beating a boy nearly to death after tying him up and doing all kinds of sexual things to him. Olivia sent me a picture of the boy, and it shocked me how much the boy looked just like Leo. From what I could see, the difference between them was their noses when shaped slightly differently, and the other boy had higher cheekbones than Leo.

She didn't tell me what all Charlie did, but by the sound of her voice, it was something she wished she didn't know either. The guy was crazy. Knowing what he was capable of made me more worried to leave Leo's side.

Olivia had some of her people looking for that crazy fuck, but nothing had come up so far.

I looked over at the TV while sitting on Leo's couch. He was upstairs taking care of his mom when my uncle called. I didn't want to answer, but I knew if I didn't I would most likely catch hell for it later.

"Hello?" I answered, dreading what he wanted.

"I know you're busy, but you need to start doing something if you want to get paid," he said, sounding a little pissed off.

"What do you need?"

"I need you at the factory. Kiki is on her way there now to pick you up," he said and hung up without saying anything else.

I sighed deeply to myself and got up as Leo walked downstairs again.

"Hey. I need to do something, but I'll be right back. I'm going to leave you my phone. If anything happens, you get a weird feeling or hear something outside I want you to call a woman named Olivia on my phone," I told him as I texted Olivia to tell her I needed her to watch Leo's house before deleting the text. I know she'd been watching it with Dom, just in case, Charlie decided to pop back up.

"Who is that?" He asked me, a little confused as I handed him the phone.

"She's a family friend that will be here before I can get here if something happens. Just tell her it's you, and she will do the rest by coming to the house and getting ahold of me," I told him. I didn't want to go, but at this point, I didn't have a choice in the matter as I heard Kiki's car pull up.

"Okay. It's fine, King. As much as I like having you around, I know you can't stay here all the time. I'll be fine," he said, trying to reassure me, but it didn't do much to help. I still had to force myself to leave.

Once in the car with Kiki, she knew something was wrong. I didn't tell her what was going on. It wasn't my business to tell other people about what happened to Leo in his past. All she needed to know was that he needed me there, and if anything happened, she would be the first one I called.

We pulled up to the factory soon enough, and I put my game face on as we walked in, trying hard to leave Leo at the door, so I could focus on what was going on.

A big guy stood just inside the door. I've seen him around a few times, making runs with Kiki, so I knew he was with us, but I never met him face to face. He was taller than me by at least two feet, with arms bigger than my head.