Chapter 36

LORENZO

I sit on the couch, Ava left in anger and I know what I said was wrong. I can be a little small minded sometimes.

It was Ava's first baby while it's my second. And obviously she would want me to be there for me and I want to too!

I just needed time to think, its too much for me at the moment, I didn't want to have a baby right away.

Maybe a few years down the line, but right now? It's too much.

Leon runs into my study and I look up, masking a smile, "Daddy", he shows me his car and does some noises.

"Can we go out?", he asks and I nod instantly, I can never say no to my little boy.

~~~

Leon rode so many rides with Daniel and Alexander. When I said yes, Leon informed those two and they tagged along.

I bought them to the amusement park and I made sure there were less people inside for the safety of Leon.

"Leon!", I take his small face in my hands, my voice stern and grab the tissues and wipe his face.

He keeps smudging the cotton candy all over his face and later his face scrunches as he feels sticky and he looks over at me.

Daniel looks at me deep in thought as I throw the tissue in the bin, "Come va?", he asks taking a bit of his cotton candy. (What's up?)

A 30-year-old man eating cotton candy, who am I to judge?

"È Ava", I say and Leon points another candy and I hand Alexander my card even though he refuses, so that they can buy. (It's Ava)

Sarah would kill me for filling our son with sweets, so will Ava.

"È incinta", I lean back on the beach and run my hands through my hair. (She is pregnant)

Daniel chokes and looks at me, he takes a gulp from his coke, "Dannare", he says, "così veloce". (Damn, that fast)

"E cosa hai detto?", he takes another bite from his cotton candy and starts to drink his coke. (And what did you say?)

"Ho detto che avevo bisogno di tempo", I sigh, and take my coke and drink it. (I said I needed time)

"Non potrei essere stupido", he shakes his head and wipes his hands with the tissue, he takes his burger out of the bag. (Couldn't be any stupid)

"Lo so*, I groan and lean forward placing my elbows on my knees and I put my head on my hands. (I know)

"Non vuoi il bambino?", he says, his mouth filled, he moans and starts munching on the burger. (Do you not want the baby?)

"A meno che tu non voglia il bambino", he gulps, "Non c'è bisogno di essere titubanti", he says and I feel a tug in my heart. (Unless you don't want the baby, you don't need to be hesitant)

I look at Leon who is jumping around while Alexander buys his candy, I am so happy he is here, and I couldn't ask for more.

Ava's and my baby, he or she would be a little version of us, I groan and lean on the bench, "Cazzo", I look at Daniel. (F*ck)

"Voglio il bambino", I say, my heart feeling lighter, "e voglio mettere su famiglia con lei e Leon", I say, my feelings strong for her. (I want the baby, and I want to start a family with her and Leon)

"Allora cosa ti ferma?", Daniel eats the rest of the burger and I nod. (Then what's stopping you?)

I am going to tell Ava my real feelings and make her mine, always and forever.

~~~

"Mr. Moretti", the guard calls me and I look up at him from my phone, "You can meet him now".

I give him a nod and walk inside the meeting room. I came to meet Ava's father, for his permission.

Ava's father turned himself in after he left Leon to me. He admitted his crimes, of killing his daughter and kidnapping the baby.

"Mr. Summers", I sit down and take the phone and place it to my ears and he does the same. He looks at me and smiles.

For the first time I've seen him smile at me.

"Call me father", he says and I nod, "Is Ava back?", he asks worry lacing in his voice and I nod once again, "How's Leon?", he asks.

"He's good", I say, "I'll bring him over next time I come", I say and he nods, happiness in his eyes.

"Father", I call him, "I need permission", I say and he nods.

"Anything for my son", my heart swells at his words, he finally accepted me for who I am, after all the struggles and losses.

"I have fallen in love with Ava", I say my heart blooming, when Ava said she loved me, I made love to her, with my body.

I wanted to tell her that I love her, not in my study but with my proposal.

"So, does she", he says and I smile as I remember her words, and they ring in my ear.

"I want permission to marry her", I say, this time I want to make it right, I want everyone to give us their blessings.

"You don't have to ask me son", he says, "she is yours".

"I want to make it right this time", I say in all honesty, "She deserves the world".

He smiles at me, a heartwarming smile, "You have my blessing's son".