Chapter 19

AVA

I have no idea what happened last night, its just a blur, maybe it was a dream but my mom keeps talking about Gabriel.

I keep fiddling my breakfast, dreading if Lorenzo is really going to come over and take me for a date, I am definitely not ready.

"Ava", my mom's voice breaks me from my train of thoughts, "is everything okay?", I look at her and nod.

My father looks at me, "Did Gabriel do something?", he says and I look at him.

"No dad", I say and look at my breakfast and start to eat, its not good to waste food.

"Are you going out with him, princess?", my dad asks taking a bite from his plate and asks mom for more, to which she happily fills his plate.

"No dad", I say. Not after Lorenzo practically scared him with a gun he ran to his car. I don't think I will be seeing him ever again.

"Oh", that's all dad says and the rest of the dinner is quiet.

~~~

I groan looking at the closet with my clothes, my mom walks in, "Ava!", she gasps seeing all the clothes on the bed.

"Mom", I say and rush to the door and close it. I walk to her and hold her hands, "Mom, you have to do me a favor".

"What is it?", she looks at me with her eyebrow raised, "Is it a boy?", she says reading my mind, "It's a boy isn't it?".

"Yes mom", I say looking away, "Dad cannot know, please", I show her my puppy eyes.

"Fine", she says, "I was just like you too with your dad", she bops my nose, "So I'll help you out this time".

"Thank you!!", I squeal and hug her.

"Was he who you were with the three days you went missing?", she asks and I gulp, knowing she already found out.

"I know it was a boy", she pats my head, "It's okay, just don't disappear again like that okay?", she says.

"I can't lose you too", her voice quivers and I hug her assuring her it won't happen again, unless Lorenzo does something stupid.

"So, is he the guy you going with tonight?", she says and I nod shyly. She hums and walks over to the pile of clothes and rummages through it.

"I hope he is the one for you", she picks out one handing it to me. "Did you know Alexander came yesterday and gave all the documents?"

I freeze at her words, "He did?", I ask her acting surprised.

"Yes", she says, "He said he didn't need the money", she takes the rest of the clothes, "Since it was for education".

She places them in the closet, "If he was going to say that why did he threaten us in the first place?", she shakes her head.

"Men are hard to understand and they say women are complicated", she takes the rest of the clothes placing them on the closet.

I look at her lost in thoughts, Lorenzo is really an unbelievable man, at least he cleared our debt.

"Go change!", she pushes me into the bathroom as she notices me drowning in my thoughts.

I take a wash and change my clothes, and wear light make up with the help of my mother, she rushes to her room and brings something.

She takes out a ruby red lipstick and applied to my lips, making them pop, then she takes out a necklace and helps me wear it.

I look at myself in the mirror,

 "You look beautiful, darling", she compliments, "Your dad is sleeping", she hushes me outside and I walk outside

To my surprise I see Lorenzo just arriving, I look at my mom, "I'll tell dad that you went with your friend for dinner".

"But last time -", she cuts me off.

"Don't worry, I'll handle it", she nudges me and I walk to Lorenzo, he looks at me surprised. But nevertheless, he smiles.

He opens the door and I thank him, sitting on the passenger seat, and he sits on the driver's seat.

"I thought you had your driver", I say looking at him as he starts the engine. He chuckles and looks at me from top to bottom.

I cover my thigh that was visible from the slit of the dress, "I drive on special occasions", he says starting to drive.

~~~

"Thank you for the meal", I sit on the seat in the balcony, Lorenzo wraps his blazer around me, before I can sit, he pulls me to his lap.

I shift on his lap and he groans, I freeze, "Hmm, principessa", he kisses the exposed skin of my neck and I let out a gasp. (Princess)

"You look beautiful tonight and I've been waiting to do this", and with that he places his lips on mine