Chapter 14

AVA

I woke up with sore eyes, and a broken heart. A sob passes but no tears pass my eyes as I am out of tears from crying last night.

I couldn't believe when he said my sister, my best friends name. I miss her so much.

A part of me wondered how she knew Lorenzo; did he also take her in like me and used her and killed her after he was done?

I take slow strides to the bathroom and wash myself and wear a t – shirt and denim. I sit on the bed in my thoughts waiting for breakfast.

~~~

I ate the breakfast they served and looked at myself in the mirror, marks were scattered on my neck, which was visible.

It was given out of love to someone. I don't believe its my sister. My sister and I had common names maybe its some old lover of his.

I wonder where she is, did she leave him because of his job? Or is she gone?

The door opens and I step back flinching when the door slams against the wall and Lorenzo walks in with his hands in the pocket.

"Pack your bags", he says and I look at him confused, "Didn't you hear me?!", he yells and I take steps back scared at him.

"N - nothing is mine", my voice comes out as whisper with fear. I shake as he takes long strides towards me and grabs my arms.

I whimper when he digs his nails onto my bare skin in the arms, "M - master", I whimper.

He ignores all my pleads and drags me out of the room and out of the mansion. All the guards and maids look at us in shock.

"Leave", he growls pushing me and I fall onto the concrete floor, my palms scrape against the concrete drawing out blood.

"Mast -", he cuts me off and I notice and the man I saw at the club looking at me with pity in his eyes. He looks away as soon as we make eye contact.

"Your debt is paid", Lorenzo says and gestures a man to come over, "I am done with you".

I stand on my feet and look at him, "You can leave", he says and the man walks over to me, "And never talk about what happened here".

I look at him, "Even to your parents", he looks at my face, "Understand!", he growls when he does not hear me answer.

"Y – yes master", I say, he takes one last look and nods once again to the man next to me and walks inside the mansion.

"Miss. Summers, I'll drop you to your home", he guides me to the car and takes me home. I sink into the seat ignoring the feeling in my heart.

~~~

"Mom!", I walk inside my house and look around to spot my parents, my heart beats fanatically in my chest.

"Mom!", I rush to her as soon as the driver drops me at my place. She looks at me surprised and hugs me tightly.

"A – ava?", she looks happy yet confused, "Where were you?!", she slaps my shoulder and I wince in pain.

"Mom", a sob passes through my lips as I hug her and cry on her shoulder. She hugs me back, wrapping her arms around me.

I take a minute, for my water works to stop, I missed her I thought I would never see them again. I wipe my tears ready to tell them everything.

But Lorenzo's words ring in my head.

"And never talk about what happened here"

"Even to your parents".

I gulp my saliva pondering if I should tell them but what if he kills them? I can't bear to lose my parents.

"Where were you?", my dad walks in, after looking at me with my mom, "for three days?", he looks pissed.

"Darold!", my mom calls out my father with a slight warning in it.

"What, Amelia?", he looks at my mom and I look at them wondering what was wrong that they keep glaring at each other.

"I bet she ran away just like her sister", he growls, but my mom cuts him off, "Darold!", she hisses at him.

"Where do you think she went?", he walks over and stands in front of us, I shiver seeing him mad. I've never seen him mad.

Even when he told us Sarah, my elder sister ran away he was sad and nod angry. But seeing him angry is making me scared.

"Amelia", he looks at my mother, "Ask her where she was, for three days", he looks at my mom and she looks at me.

"Mom", my brain starts working at what lie to say, it has to be acceptable and believable, "I was...."

I pause, "I was at my friends place at the hostel", I blurt out. And my father raises his eye brow and crosses his arms across his chest.

Clearly, he did not believe me.