XXVIII

Changing Jo's character

Changing Jo's character. This is him.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Jo P.O.V
I rolled out of my bed sighing, but also thankful that I was in this nice ass apartment. Of course, much like Seph Dev had hooked us both up with free apartments, and now all I had to worry about was personal shit and groceries. Perks of having a billionaire brother and a billionaire brother-in-law. Free housing. It wasn't for nothing though and I didn't want them to think I was taking advantage of them but...I was gone raise hell if I had to pay rent.

Nah I'm joking, this is a really nice spot, and funny enough Seph and I live on the same floor. She's like four apartments down across the hall. So she's my neighbor. That's cool though so at least I can go steal food from her when k don't feel like going to the store. I've always wanted to live in a place where it was safe enough to ask for some sugar. I'm about to use that shit out with everyone on the floor until I have like a ton of sugar. Why? Because I never could before.

I was thankful that Dev had given me a job in one of his sandwich bars. I liked working all corporate and being the only hood black nigga there because I was putting some of those older white ladies on game, but this job was way easier and since I was a people person being able to interact with the people was cool. I got tips a lot too because I made people laugh or smile. Just being myself though. I was the manager/supervisor there and I kept my bar running smoothly.

I had to be at work in like 2 hours and knowing my slowpoke ass I made sure to set my alarm to wake me up this early.

I yawned and stood up making sure to make my bed. Tryna make new habits I guess. Im really tryna better myself. I want a family so bad and I guess to the adoption agency I wasn't good enough, so maybe if I better my habits first and try again they'll accept me. At least that was my thought process.

I get news from the agency after work today. My second time applying and doing my interview. I really hope they accept me. I really want a kid. I want a wife and shit too though. I really just wanna get married, but the dates I've been on...damn man.

I walked into my bathroom and turned on my shower making sure the water was hot. I keep forgetting, hot water instantly here. This is not the projects anymore. Damn. I was only in my boxers anyway so I took them off and put them into my laundry. I peed and then took a nice shower making sure I was clean. Yes, I use axe. No, I don't care. I grew up with that shit and it's never leaving.