XXI

Od P.O.V
I got out of the guest room bed and looked around the room. He won't let me sleep with him anymore or call him Ro. Talking about some fucking boundaries and shit. My heart is broken. I lost my Ro and my family and I couldn't get them back. He was dead ass about that divorce shit and that hurt the worst. Not to mention my son started talking the moment I left. It's like I'm the reason he was holding back. I leave and everyone is still fine and dandy like I said.

He can't even be mad though because I came back! I came back home after leaving! I thought he would be happy to see me but he only yelled at me about my mistakes. Rightfully so, but he could have at least acted like he missed me for two seconds. It did nothing but further prove my fucking point. Nobody needs Od.

"Daddy, I made you this," CeCe spoke busting into my room with a picture. "It's me, you, pop, Avery, and my twin. This was one of yo merry Christmas gifts. Is it pretty?"

"Yea, CeCe," I spoke looking at it. Shouldn't have drawn me at all especially holding hands with Ro. My fault Devoreaux.

"It took me so long to make," she told me as she climbed into my bed with me and sat down in my lap. "Look at my twin looking at the sun. He be doing that,"

"I see," I told him looking straight ahead.

"Daddy, you sad?" She asked me as I shrugged. "Imma go get Pop-,"

"No. Don't," I told as she looked at me confused.

"But he can make you feel better. He why you sad?" She asked me as I shrugged again. "Gang, yes or no?"

"Calypso, get out. Just let me be alone," I told her as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm gonna tell him," she spoke laying my picture down gently.

"We're not friends anymore. He has other things to worry about," I told her as she frowned at me.

"Not friends? Because you left us?" She asked me as I nodded my head. "...I can make him be yo fri-,"

"No baby you can't. It's ok though. Go play or something," I told her as she stared at me for a minute before slowly walking out of the room.

She's about to go hide somewhere and cry. I can tell.

I walked into my bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I put on a hoodie to go with my sweats and walked downstairs into the kitchen. Ro-Devoreaux was standing in the kitchen cooking breakfast as Calais sat on the floor eating fruit.

"Good morning, Ro," I spoke as he looked at me for a split second.

"Morning. And I thought-,"

"I'm sorry. Devoreaux," I corrected as he nodded his head.

"Your plate is right there. I didn't make you any coffee because I didn't know if you wanted that or juice," he spoke flatly before making a plate for Avery who skipped into the kitchen.

"Morning Daddy. Morning Pop," she greeted as he gave her a small smile and kissed her forehead. He used to do that to me...

"Daddy, are we gonna go to the store today? I have a Valentine's Day dance," Avery spoke as Devoreaux looked at her.

"I'm taking you and your siblings today. We're going to the big mall and I'm going to buy you a nice outfit and some shoes," he spoke as she smiled at him.

"Yay! I love the big mall," she told him smiling as she grabbed her plate and walked off.

"I couldn't have taken them...," I told him as he shook his head.

"Nah it's ok. I got them remember? I don't want you getting overwhelmed with all three of them and I know you need your breaks so I got them. I told you that you don't have to worry about them being taken care of anymore. I have them," he told me as I pouted.