XIX

Devoreaux P.O.V
I cut up some watermelon for Calais as he screamed while crying sitting on the floor. I sighed and handed him the bowl watching as CeCe walked into the kitchen with the same pout and teary eyes.

"Did they find my daddy?" She asked me as I sighed and shook my head.

"Not yet baby girl. I'm sure he's ok though," I told her as he started crying as well making me pick her up. I looked down at Calais who was bawling while still stuffing his face with watermelon. If this wasn't such a fucked up situation I would have laughed at that. "It's ok CeCe. Everything is gonna be ok,"

"No, it not! My daddy left me!" She told me hugging me tightly as she cried. Today I only had the twins. Avery was with Vicky doing girl stuff while CeCe was very adamant about staying here so if her daddy came
Home she would know.

"Daddy!" Calais screamed again making me sigh and sit down on the floor in the kitchen with both of them. He crawled over to me and climbed onto my lap crying on my left shoulder while CeCe was on my right. My twins.

His twins. If he was so angry with me that he felt like I didn't love him or something why didn't he at least stay for his babies? Why not try for them?

I don't think I'll ever understand leaving your family. I could never. Today was January first. It's been a week since he left and there was still no sign of him. Cops had been looking for him and I even had enough money for a private investigator. He was doing his best as well, but Od was gone. He hasn't used any cards and he doesn't have a phone so there was no way we could have found him. If he was going into stores he must have been covering his face because no one has seen him.

"Dev? Do you mind if I take Calais? I know this is a lot for you and sometimes even though I know he truly misses him, but sometimes children with autism will mimic things they see, hear, or feel making it harder for them to calm down. Is it ok if I take him to the theater room and put on his show?" Justice asked me as I nodded my head.

"My daddy!" He cried as I nodded my head.

"I know baby," I spoke kissing his head as Justice gently took him before grabbing his bowl of watermelon and walking away with him. "CeCe, what can I do to make you feel better baby? I know you miss your daddy, but we have to try and stay strong,"

"But he gone! What I'm gonna do wifout my daddy?" She said making my heartbreak. "I miss him. Was I bad?"

"No! Of course not Calypso. Daddy didn't leave because of you. He has some other things going on and just needed a break. He's was tired and-,"

"You tired all the time! You still here! Why he leave me?" She cried as I rubbed ever back kissing her head.

"Just calm down Calypso. It's going to be ok. What do you want to do today? Want to watch a movie or make cookies or-,"

"I just want my daddy," she cried as I held her sighing. What do I say? What do I do? If he never comes back then what?

How did I tell that to my 3-year-old? My 2, 3-year-olds, and my 5-year-old? How?!

I understand the hurt though I miss him too. If this was our life now how we manage? It's obvious that they love him more and not even saying it in a jealous way, what could I do for them to make them happy if he wasn't here? He was their life. Everyone loved Od. They looked up to him. How was I going to be a single dad with three kids who all needed him? This was going to be hard especially with Calais since he's talking now and he knows that someone is missing. He misses his daddy more than anyone. I don't understand why...

You know what? The cops are looking for him and so is my PI. There's nothing I can do right now, but take care of my house and worry about my kids. That's all I can do. They need me. When he's ready to come home he will. I just hope that it's soon because I don't know how much more these kids could take.