eighty nine

89 || aftermath

Hogwarts had been quiet.

No one could believe what was happening. Voldemort back, Adelaide and Theo dead. It seemed a repeat of the year prior.

Alex and Astoria hadn't left the common room since they found out, Blaise had been taking them food from the Great Hall and made sure to check that they were okay physically, but there wasn't much he could do for them mentally.

There was a small goodbye for Theo and Adelaide at St Mungos. Adelaide had been cleaned of blood and was changed into clothes that weren't a reminder and her and Theo's bodies were placed in a room where everyone went to say a few words. Though not many came out. It was the shock initially, wondering how these two children had been laughing a week prior, revising for exams, and now they were lying dead at St Mungos.

The funerals were being planned, taking place during the summer. But no one had really accepted it.

Harry had been a ghost of himself, there but not truly. He had gone off at Dumbledore, yelling and crying that it was his fault. He didn't know why it was fair that he got to live when Adelaide didn't.

The Slytherin's were unusually quiet. They didn't jeer at the other houses. They didn't make comments about Gryffindors. They were just there. Adrian had planned a get-together, they met at the Black Lake and sent out two flowers for the both of them. There were no speeches. There were no tears. Just memories.

Meanwhile, at Grimmauld Place, Sirius and Regulus Black were silent. They didn't speak to anyone, they barely ate. They just simply sat in the living room. Neither had been brave enough to go up to Adelaide's room there or at the McKinnon manor, it was too daunting. If they went up there, the emotions would overcome them. Sirius had a hearing to prove his innocence, given he fought against the Death Eaters it was proof enough he wasn't one, he also had Dumbledore providing evidence that Pettigrew was the one who sold Lily and James out. But that didn't make him feel any better. Because without Adelaide, his innocence and freedom meant nothing.

Regulus was wallowing in self-pity. He wasn't able to save Marlene, and he couldn't save Adelaide. He felt worthless and unworthy. The two people who meant the most to him were gone, the two people who saw good in him had left. Now, he was truly alone.

AUTHORS NOTE –

Short and not sweet :)