eighty seven

87 || the effects

Two stretchers emerged from the Department of Mysteries that night. On one, Theodore Nott, sixteen-year-old son and heir of the Nott family. Not anymore. The Daily Prophet would report he was murdered by Bellatrix Lestrange, escaped Azkaban convict who coerced him into becoming a Death Eater. This was the truth; he was struck by the killing curse by Lestrange after he turned on her. The second was Adelaide Black, sixteen-year-old daughter of Sirius Black and the only valid heir to the House of Black. The Daily Prophet would report on her too, she was stabbed with an enchanted dagger, unable to be healed nor revived, and was also murdered by Bellatrix Lestrange after her friend was murdered. This wasn't the truth. Adelaide Black was killed by Alexis Lore, but no one knew that. No one knew Alexis was there besides the people who witnessed the murders.

Camera's flashed as the stretchers were wheeled out, trying to see if they could get a photo of the two if the sheets moved. All they got was a hand, covered in blood, limply hanging off the edge of the stretcher. Adelaide Black and Theo Nott would be on the front page of every newspaper, before reports of Harry Potter, before the news of Sirius Black and even before the reveal of Voldemort.

To Hogwarts, two bright students had been lost. Two students with promising futures had been taken.

Theo Nott may not have been as friendly or empathetic as his friend, but he was known to most as a loving character, whose heart beat for his friends, who put aside blood purity unlike others in his house and his family.

Adelaide Black was well known as a sweet soul with a fire to protect, she helped many people overcome their troubles, her heart was filled with love for those around her as she deemed love for others was more important than hatred.

For their families, two funny, loving and downright annoying children were gone.

Adelaide Black and Theo Nott meant everything to Regulus Black, they were his to protect and love as if his own. His to drink with when they had a bad day or watch TV with when rain came upon them.

To Sirius Black, Adelaide was his daughter, a daughter he spent too little time with, and even in the time he did have, he didn't use it right. She was his child, an almost exact replica of him. Throwing insults like it was poetry, defending friends like they were family. Adelaide Black was Sirius Black.

The Weasley's lost someone who challenged them. Fred and George Weasley were older brothers to Adelaide, sharing pranks and having a laugh. Ginny Weasley saw Adelaide as a protector, someone who could make sure she was alright. Ron Weasley had ups and downs with Adelaide Black, but their relationship was what brightened his dreary mornings.

Hermione Granger had seen Adelaide as her best friend, in her first years, when she wasn't as comfortable at Hogwarts, Adelaide made her feel loved.

Alexandria Lestrange and Astoria Greengrass were touched by the love of Adelaide Black and Theo Nott. They felt their kindness in many ways, they shared laughs, they cried together, they comforted each other.

And there was Harry Potter. He had loved Adelaide Black since he first lay eyes on her, maybe it was the way she glared at him when everyone fawned, or maybe it was the way she 'accidentally' shoved him and didn't say sorry. But he loved her, and he pictured a life, a home, children, their jobs. A life that wasn't going to come true.

The fact is, Theodore Nott and Adelaide Black were gone. And the places they held in people's hearts were empty.

Double Murder At Ministry

Late yesterday evening, there was a tragedy at the Ministry of Magic. Two students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry were killed.

Best friends, Theodore Nott and Adelaide Black were wheeled out, covered, as their friends and family followed, emotions tense. It has been reported that they were attacked by Bellatrix Lestrange, an Azkaban convict who had escaped earlier this year. There are no specific details on this attack yet, however we do know an Unforgivable was used on Mr Nott and an enchanted dagger on Miss Black.

Our hearts lie with their friends and family who will feel the loss hard in these troublesome times.

Comments are unavailable at this time, however, we will be reporting on this issue and hope that Theodore and Adelaide get justice.